• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

another Spec Stage 3+ failure

When I spoke to Oleg he seemed hesitant on sending me a full faced when we spoke about it because it's tendency to glaze. I'm sure he'll do it if that's what you all want though.

BrApple, could you inquire for us if there is a GB option? It sounds like everyone wants the same thing you do.

I think we have enough for a group buy - the Junk 3+ full face clutches don't glaze on us, so I'm assume these wouldn't....

I think we have enough for a group buy - the Junk 3+ full face clutches don't glaze on us, so I'm assume these wouldn't....

that was my thought also. if the 3+ didn't glaze then I don't see why this one would also. I plan to try calling again today and see what is going on.

Also I don't see having completely closed spring windows as a must have. they are already so much smalled then the Spec that the spring would have to break to fall out. Larger rivets would be a good idea though.

but seriously guys send them an email and let them know you have a contour or cougar and want a full faced disk like the red 6 puck. the more interest they see the better chance we have of getting it made.

Last edited:
I sent a long email asking what is is going to take to get a fully faced red puck style with closed window hubs and larger rivets - I also mentioned that there are quite a few people who no longer have faith in SPEC products and that there is growing interest in offering clutch options for this platform.

Hopefully I'll hear back from them...

I sent a long email asking what is is going to take to get a fully faced red puck style with closed window hubs and larger rivets - I also mentioned that there are quite a few people who no longer have faith in SPEC products and that there is growing interest in offering clutch options for this platform.

Hopefully I'll hear back from them...

This is pretty much the same thing I said to him when I spoke to him and wrote him a few emails. I even linked this thread so he could take a look if he so desired. I don't think he ever checked it out but maybe with all of you asking he would.

ok guys I have good news. Looks like clutchnet is willing to step up and help us out.

as we stand now I will be sending them my Spec Stage 3+ clutch to be checked out and they will be trying to make it better. Right now they are getting a stock pressure plate and seeing how much of an increase in pressure they can get from it. once that is established we will go forward from there on the clutch disk.

plan will be they will make me a kit and then let me try it out and "beat" on it to make sure its going to work and then if all checks out they will be willing to sell a kit for us. So if your interested keep the interest up and let clutchnet know you want to buy from them.

ok guys I have good news. Looks like clutchnet is willing to step up and help us out.

as we stand now I will be sending them my Spec Stage 3+ clutch to be checked out and they will be trying to make it better. Right now they are getting a stock pressure plate and seeing how much of an increase in pressure they can get from it. once that is established we will go forward from there on the clutch disk.

plan will be they will make me a kit and then let me try it out and "beat" on it to make sure its going to work and then if all checks out they will be willing to sell a kit for us. So if your interested keep the interest up and let clutchnet know you want to buy from them.

That is great news - Oleg responded to me email within a few hrs of me sending it, he is going to call me when they can get the pressure testing done. CEG FTW! - we actually got someone to tailor to our needs, support and praise these people!

That is great news - Oleg responded to me email within a few hrs of me sending it, he is going to call me when they can get the pressure testing done. CEG FTW! - we actually got someone to tailor to our needs, support and praise these people!

I like them more than Spec already. Can we actually just ban anyone who mentions Spec from now on? :laugh:

I like them more than Spec already. Can we actually just ban anyone who mentions Spec from now on? :laugh:

I'm for it - Oleg just called me personally and said the emails are overwhelming, they are getting the pressure plates and materials, measuring everything and are running it through a heat treating process and will be measuring the clamping forces. Oleg said they are the manufacturer and they build them in house by hand - they really want to make this right for us. This is wonderful news - he wants me to call him back next week - see how things are going. We may have a product available for purchase at that time.

SPEC who? I've gota tear that sticker off my strut tower and burn it :laugh:

that is what I was informed of also just alittle while ago on the phone.

this really is great guys. Keep the support and emails up to clutchnet and show them that its worth supporting our platform.

First, It seems that they have to cut the window out for the springs, so it would seem easy to not cut the window out? I know the down side (looking at the Spec falures) for the 'windows', but is there an upside? Will we be loosing anything by having them enclose?

Second, will Oleg be making a 'full' kit. Cluth, PP and TOB? It sounds like the won't be offering a TOB, and that is what I need most, as that is what's bad on my turbo SVT (making whining noise when 50% depressed). If they won't offer one, what brand should I get, and where is the best place? ALSO, Spec Stage 2 clucth on the turbo SVT is much easier to depress than the stock clutch on my LX contour, is this normal? I would have thought the Spec Stage 2 would be a stiffer pedal?

Anway, i'm in for the clutchnet!

My spec stage 3+ is way easier to press down then my stock svt clutch. Others have mentioned this as well so yeah thats normal.

it did sound like it was going to be a kit. but fyi the spec kit is just an oem ford tob. you can go to your local dealer and get one if you need to.

also as stated the spec pp seems to create a lighter pedal then stock. I am sending my failed clutch kit to clutchnet and they will test the clamping force of the spec unit. then it sounds like it will be compared to the stock unit they are getting and then the reworked unit they will turn it into.

this is very exciting guy. like I said keep the interest up and let clutchnet know that you want them to make a clutch kit for us!

Back