• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Reverse Lock Out Mod

Reverse Lock Out Mod

• Do It!

Votes: 12 48.0%
  • Don't Do It!

Votes: 13 52.0%

• Total voters
theres a much stronger reverse lockout built into the trans that forces you to go to neutral before going to reverse. its not physically possible to go to reverse from 5th. i suspect youll break the shift cables first.

They proved this on Myth Busters, it isn't possible for the reverse gear to engage when the engine is moving fast, the gears just skip off each other.

LOL..... is that another way of saying GRIND?? :laugh:
well technically you dont actually grind the gears in a modern syncroed trans where all the gears are constant mesh. your grinding the the teeth on the blocker rings and syncros.

but yeah, you could call it grinding the gears :laugh::laugh:

well technically you dont actually grind the gears in a modern syncroed trans where all the gears are constant mesh. your grinding the the teeth on the blocker rings and syncros.

but yeah, you could call it grinding the gears :laugh::laugh:

Granny shifting not double clutching like your suppose to...

I hope the double clutching was a joke. I hate the people, particularly on youtube, who say double clutch from 1st to 2nd and then straight shift to third. They say it a lot on honda videos. Morons don't realize they have synchronized gearboxes.

I hope the double clutching was a joke. I hate the people, particularly on youtube, who say double clutch from 1st to 2nd and then straight shift to third. They say it a lot on honda videos. Morons don't realize they have synchronized gearboxes.

yes it was a joke... quoted from F&F of all places...

Back