• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Houston area meet

HoustonLX

CEG'er
Anyone interested in a cruise/movie gathering? I think a cruise to the drive-in theater on 2920 between 290 and Tomball might be cool. Movies start about 9 p.m. Cost is $5 per person and you get two movies for the price of one if you wish to stay that late. Maybe we could meet somewhere and head there as a group. Granted the theater is only about 5 minutes from my house. LOL!

http://www.theshowboatdrivein.com/

Anyone interested in a cruise/movie gathering? I think a cruise to the drive-in theater on 2920 between 290 and Tomball might be cool. Movies start about 9 p.m. Cost is $5 per person and you get two movies for the price of one if you wish to stay that late. Maybe we could meet somewhere and head there as a group. Granted the theater is only about 5 minutes from my house. LOL!

http://www.theshowboatdrivein.com/

Kudos for trying to get something going here. Seems to be enough people in the area but meets just don't seem to happen. Takes someone to initiate like you're doing.

But having said that I don't think a drive-in would be of interest to me. Think about it we'd just be sitting inside our cars for 2 hours alone if watching the movie. Probably makes more sense to just hang out in a parking lot or take a cruise somewhere. Like to Galveston or Kemah boardwalk. I wanted to organize a cruise to Shiner and tour the brewery. But found out their tours are only Monday-Friday so work would be a conflict.

Or maybe we could plan something midway to DFW and meet up with CEG's from there?

Kudos for trying to get something going here. Seems to be enough people in the area but meets just don't seem to happen. Takes someone to initiate like you're doing.

But having said that I don't think a drive-in would be of interest to me. Think about it we'd just be sitting inside our cars for 2 hours alone if watching the movie. Probably makes more sense to just hang out in a parking lot or take a cruise somewhere. Like to Galveston or Kemah boardwalk. I wanted to organize a cruise to Shiner and tour the brewery. But found out their tours are only Monday-Friday so work would be a conflict.

Or maybe we could plan something midway to DFW and meet up with CEG's from there?

If you havn't been out to that drive-in, most people don't sit in their cars. Many have lawn chairs and what not and hang outside thier cars and BS with others. I thought it would be a cool idea since that was the thing to do back in the day. Many people get there a good 1-2 hours before the movie starts to just hang out ans shoot the breeze. Plus we could still do the cruise. Just meet in Houston somewhere and make the cruise to the drive-in. Again, just tossing out ideas here.

Hanging out in parking lots?....I don't think so. I grew out of that stage some 15 years ago.

I would be down for a cruise to Galveston. I tried to get one going last year, but Hurricane Ike changed those plans.

Hey gang,

Pretty new to the site but loving it! I've been interested in a meeting to be able to meet up with fellow CSVT owners. This sounds interesting enough! I'm in...

John B.
1998.5 CSVT Silver
3L upgrade engine
OKC, OK

Back