• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

mchenry, lake villa, antioch area

svtd00d

CEG'er
i feel like im the only person on the earth with a contour around these parts.

there is one person i know i think that still has a silver SVT like mine that works at applebees on rt 31.

im curious to know if there are others!!!!

nice to hear! I seem to be around that area a lot just because i drive around a lot, ill keep an eye out!

:)

haha, i find nothing worst than when you're driving and you see another SVT and you just so happen to be in a DIFFERENT car! ha, its like you want to yell " I HAVE ONE TOO! ;)"

ha, well lemme tell you, its a terrible feeling! its like being lost in a cave full of people who dont have svt contours... if you can imagine what that feels like. xD

that has happened to me numerous times, i think like 5-6 times

Thats weird, I thought you sat outside of peoples jobs waiting for them to come out in a stalkeresque type of way??? :shrug::laugh:

U havent had a Contour in years and still stop people on the streets and tell them about the site...

Last edited:
One time was the best though, i was in my home town dropping off movies at blockbuster, when i pulled up to a 4 way stop in the parking lot,and what pulled up adjacent to me at the same time???! you guess it ! another silver svt!!! i was like WOah. coolest thing ever. ha so we pulled over and talked about how svt contours were the best invention ever... even better than the wheel. ;)

Thats weird, I thought you sat outside of peoples jobs waiting for them to come out in a stalkeresque type of way??? :shrug::laugh:

U havent had a Contour in years and still stop people on the streets and tell them about the site...

i still got my conti :cool: lol i am a ceg stalker

elgin didnt seem that bad. but the roads were terrible i rembmer that much. but i suppose all the roads in the chicagoland/ illinois'ish area are pretty much terrible. thats right, i said Illinois'ish. ALL the roads suck.

I'm pretty far removed from elgin. The new hospital on randal is my backyard. In the 2 years I've lived there, I can't say I've even so much as visit the downtown area.

and yes, the roads did suck majorly when I moved there. although they repaved all the roads around me over the summer

I'm pretty far removed from elgin. The new hospital on randal is my backyard. In the 2 years I've lived there, I can't say I've even so much as visit the downtown area.

and yes, the roads did suck majorly when I moved there. although they repaved all the roads around me over the summer

Quit yappin and change my valve cover gasket fool....
Hey, how far out of Carpentersville are you, I'm at the BP on 68 and 25 now......

Last edited:
Just like 31 runs down the west side of the Fox, 25 takes the eastern route.

In Elgin, it changes names in each town it passes through, 25 is Liberty St. South of Elgin it is St Charles St and North of Elgin it is Dundee Ave. It ends just north of Carpentersville, so it doesn't quite make it all the way up to you.

Back