• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Did a little cleaning

imnotacop420

Squire of Awesome
Wow, this thing was DIRTY!
I didnt go too crazy, a wash, some clay bar action, and good old meguiars #26. What a difference!
I am also officially anti Zaino clay bar now too. Its the only clay I have used that just flakes away to nothing, little tiny chunks just coming off the entire time.

Im sure most of you know this car, looks 100 times better now :cool:
DSCF0851.jpg

DSCF0852.jpg

DSCF0853.jpg

DSCF0854.jpg

DSCF0855.jpg

and here is what my girlfriend was doing while Shaun and I were hard at work...
DSCF0850.jpg

glad im not the only one with the AFN sticker still on. :laugh:

and those hightowers are :drool:

i gotta thank malcolm. not only did he detail my car, he bought dinner too! it was embarrassing seeing how much dirt and crap came off my car. malcolms the man when it comes to detailing :cool: i owe you man. you know dinner tonight is on me.

i gotta thank malcolm. not only did he detail my car, he bought dinner too! it was embarrassing seeing how much dirt and crap came off my car. malcolms the man when it comes to detailing :cool: i owe you man. you know dinner tonight is on me.

you think a lot of dirt came off? Have you thought about pulling the skirts off since you've had the car?

you'll be amazed at all the crud thats in those things...LOL

i know how full they are of dirt. its just a matter of me being too lazy to clean them out :laugh:

if your claybar is flaking away, then you're doing it wrong.

the car looks good.

personally I think its just the zaino clay, I use the same process with this as I have used with mothers clay, clay magic clay, 3M clay, and when I was detailing at a dealership. Never had this issue with those brands. I dont use the 'lube' I just drop it in the wash bucket, soap up a section, clay, and rinse (saves A LOT of time).

the water running off the car when washing was almost pure black!
Too think Shaun calls himself an enthusiast :laugh: (sorry man, I stole your joke!)

I didnt just buy dinner, I bought Red Robin :drool:

Thanks for the compliments!

Last edited:
Zaino "lube" is merely the car wash, but watered down at a specific proportion.
I use it in a spray bottle, and spray small sections as I go. :shrug:

Zaino "lube" is merely the car wash, but watered down at a specific proportion.
I use it in a spray bottle, and spray small sections as I go. :shrug:

yeah, I read that in the instructions. I'm sure my soap/water ratio was a little on the high side. I have another Zaino bar still in the wrapper, Maybe Ill break that one out and see what happens. This is also the first red clay I have used, which from what I have read/heard is a little on the hard side. Blue is usually the softest clay, which I prefer.

Oh well, it did its job.....maybe it was just all the crap on the car caused the clay to break down :shrug:

i gotta hand it to malcolm. took best ford at the show today!!! i feel so bad because i really didnt deserve it. the other 2 svts were so much nicer than mine. pics coming later

Back