• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Noble 3.0L Twin Turbo Build

I love the gutted interior with the turbo setup and then you see the CD-player... hahahaha! Somebody's got their priorities right. Gotta have tunes on the strip. I love it.

am guessing this one will fade into oblivion like the rest of 'em. and i had such high hopes for this kid too...:nonono:

Nope havent had time to get on. Have a show down in Austin this coming weekend that Im preping for. They had my motor ready for pickup, but it fell off the f##kin fork lift when they were moving it. It wasnt secured correctly!! It would have been ok if the oil pan was on it, cracked the block at the corner!!!

Nope havent had time to get on. Have a show down in Austin this coming weekend that Im preping for. They had my motor ready for pickup, but it fell off the f##kin fork lift when they were moving it. It wasnt secured correctly!! It would have been ok if the oil pan was on it, cracked the block at the corner!!!

Wow thats some really bad luck, yea hope everything works out, post pictures of the motor when you get it home!:laugh:

Some teaser pics, so the thread doesn't go stale:

engine_back.jpg

engine_front.jpg

engine_car.jpg

I only read the first few pages, not all 18.

Some of the main arguments were it would be easier and cheaper to do a single turbo. But I see eclipse turbos going around for nothing, who wants a turbo that small. Perfect for a 1.2L 'engine', not nearly suitable for anything above 1.5 (imo). They are pretty tiny so I don't think placement would be the biggest issue and it looks to me like you could utilize the stock headers, they aren't half bad.

Having twin turbo is more of a status thing imo. People who don't know turbos automatically assume that 2 turbos > 1 turbo.

I'll turboing my Mystique once my Zx2 is complete. I'll definitely be using a single turbo setup though.

Its been close to a month since this member has even logged onto CEG. Is this project dying along with this thread?

Well Jim, unfortunately the engine fell off the forklift and was ruined so I'm thinking he's a bit sad. Not to mention, conveniently as well.

Count me in amongst the doubters.

Back