• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Seriously, you guys can all Go to Hell!

Klasse Act

I pee with gloves on!
We'll we got some great input from the interest check for the run to hell and have even gotten a pre-meeting spot and date:

Date-Sept 21st (Sunday)

Time-11:00 a.m. (we can hang out till noon or so)

Pre-Meeting spot- Compuware Sports Arena (Plymouth MI-M-14 and Beck area)

Your final destination spot...HELL!!!

I'm really looking forward to this as its been a long time since we've had a driving meet and in general, a time to reconnect with old friends:shrug::cool: Anyone who's good with the area around Hell, please chime in as its much appreciated!

im down, provided that I have my new suspension on, havent seen you in a while roger :)

I just ran this a few months back, this is the loop that Car and Driver uses for their annual 10Best Awards. It's near Pinckney/Hell Michigan. They use this loop for ride and handling tests sometimes. It has a variety of road surfaces, hills, sweeping turns through the woods, and the speed limit is 55 mph for most of it.

These are by far the funnest roads to drive in the Metro Detroit area. Here are the directions:

* Take US23 to North Territorial
* Head West on North Territorial for about 15 miles
* Turn right on Hankerd Road (this is the start of the loop)
* Hankerd dead ends on Glenbrook Road, turn left
* Glenbrook dead ends on Patterson Lake Road, turn left
* Patterson dead ends on Doyle Road, turn left
* Travel about 1 mile on Doyle, then left on Unadilla Road
* Take Unadilla road through town (road will jog, but stay on the pavement. Watch your speed through town, it's only 25 mph here)
* Unadilla road turns into Hadley road through town
* Hadley will take you all the way back to North Territorial
* Turn left on North Territorial, and Hankerd Road will be about 1/2 mile down

If someone wants to put this on an actual map, go for it. But, try the loop boths directions, but I prefer counter-clockwise starting at Hankerd. Once you do the loop a couple times, you'll have it memorized and it's very easy.

Just watch out for bikers (pedal, not Harley) on Hankerd road becuase there is a park there. Also keep your eyes peeled for 5-0 if you have a speed fetish. It's rare to see them, but they are out sometimes. In any case, you can have a blast just doing the speed limit or 5 over.

Wouldn't mind running it again- it rained when I went. Should I bring the pink elephant NSX ( :laugh::blackeye:) or the plain ol' 350z. ( :eek: :cool: )

Chad

:laugh:

Sure, I'll bring you a CD with a junk load of pics of your old ride if you want.

Here is a crude map of the loop.

hellrun-4bspsocp4.jpeg

Go to mapquest, type in Hell, Mi and scroll over a mile or two to the left, you'll see it.

Quizá si usted wanna es sobreprotector que usted debe comenzar pesas que levantan

Last edited:
Back