• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Knock Knock..who's there.....Part II

99RedCSVT

Veteran CEG'er
To begin this journey, we start by towing the non running CSVT up to school so I can work on it in Engine Rebuild class...
PIC-0027.jpg

Next, after removing the oil pan, we find a bad sign...
PIC-0028.jpg

With fear of safety...
PIC-0030.jpg

Look up to find a connecting rod cap to be wedged in to the shield...
PIC-0029.jpg

Ouch...
PIC-0031.jpg

More Ouch...
PIC-0033.jpg

The shield dropped down to reveal the carnage!:shocked:
Yes, that is a rod and pin. What's the record for number of shattered pistons? I had 2. ( #3 and #4)
PIC-0032.jpg

*Sorry for the blurry pics. All I had was my camera phone.*

The next step is to find a low mileage cheap motor for a drop in. Or a high mileage to completely rebuild.

or

Part out/Sell as whole. *New Thread will be added if this becomes the decision. Please don't post any WTB stuff here.

or install a 3L a ported is pretty easy so is a full I hear. you could also install an SE engine with SVT cams and intake.....

save the SVT!!!!!

or install a 3L a ported is pretty easy so is a full I hear. you could also install an SE engine with SVT cams and intake.....

save the SVT!!!!!

It was a full 3L, now probably less.:laugh: Has SVT cams. It wasn't a stock 2.5 motor by any means.

Nice car, but damn, that engine did have some headaches.

I hope you get her 3L'ed.

Nice nice.

That was the a 3L.

*EVERYONE: THIS IS A 3L*

clearly if you've killed 2 3L you must be doing something wrong.

what do you suppose that could be?

I hope number 3 will be more reliable for you.

might I suggest not changing cams and not opening the engine any more than need be.....

Good luck.

clearly if you've killed 2 3L you must be doing something wrong.

what do you suppose that could be?

I hope number 3 will be more reliable for you.

might I suggest not changing cams and not opening the engine any more than need be.....

Good luck.

I blew up 2 pistons on my first 3L aka this one. There will be no more car. One 2.5 down, then 3L down, I have a feeling this car is just wanting to go to rest.

Back