• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Contour Frustrations -_-

No I was showing the mechanic the wiring harness I got, and he informed me it was missing a critical loom i need to purchase separately.
if thats what they call it lol. what you have is the main engine harness. there are other harnesses. one being the injector harness and then another for the fans etc.......

I think what people need to realize is they're buying these cars that are anywhere from 10 - 15 years old. They're going to be worn out and in need of some important work. They're not going to be perfect after that amount of time. Nothing would be.

I think what people need to realize is they're buying these cars that are anywhere from 10 - 15 years old. They're going to be worn out and in need of some important work. They're not going to be perfect after that amount of time. Nothing would be.

and it also depends on how well they where taken care of. some will have many more issues/problem then other that where taken care of and not just beat on.

it really doesn't matter much about the car, so much as the owner. what u said was all irrelevant...it had nothing to do with age, or being worn out, it was a Ford recall. some moron should have taken it in when it was under 10, instead, i take the shaft. i wish there would have been a disclaimer.

Yah, the recall should have been done. Most people who are not the original owners don't get the recall papers in the mail. If the current owner doesn't check or they don't have issues before they sell it, the problem ultimatly gets passed along and the new owners never knew or hear about the recalls.....

it really doesn't matter much about the car, so much as the owner. what u said was all irrelevant...it had nothing to do with age, or being worn out, it was a Ford recall. some moron should have taken it in when it was under 10, instead, i take the shaft. i wish there would have been a disclaimer.

I wasn't speaking of the harness specifically. I'm just stating the obvious that so many people seem to forget when they get on here and piss and moan about how their car needed this or it needed that.

I wasn't speaking of the harness specifically. I'm just stating the obvious that so many people seem to forget when they get on here and piss and moan about how their car needed this or it needed that.

Not so much pissing and moaning as much as letting out frustrations. And not having excess money doesnt help.

Cheap car, and no money.... they don't go well together. If I can make it out to the JY soon, I will let you know. - JOE

Bought my '95 GL V6 MTX for $200. In one month, I've had to replace:

rearview mirror - $14
rear strut - $40
rear pads, rotors, and a caliper - $150
TPS - $35
TPS and IAC connectors - $30
rear brake lines - $30
spark plugs - $15
front sway bar links - $20

That said, my driver's side window doesn't roll up, both inner tie rod ends are shot, the front passenger side strut went out and took the sway bar link with it, half my dash lights are burnt out, the rear sway bar links are shot, the shift linkage sucks, there's a basketball-sized dent in the rear driver's side door, the paint is scratched to hell, the rims are permanently coated in brake dust, the rear suspension is one large chunk of rust, the IAC is shot, the power steering pump leaks, the plug wires have 200,000 miles on them... and that's just the major stuff. The interior is basically trashed. When the dealership replaced the fuel pump, they cut a hole under the rear bench but didn't replace the carpet or bolt the seat down correctly, the carpet doesn't reach the door sills, the dome light is gone, and the fold-out cupholder is missing.

So, the few hundred I've spent on a few hundred dollar car don't even scratch the surface of what I have to spend to get it running correctly. But, what fun is a car you don't have to work on?

i know about the beginning problems

i know about the beginning problems

it seemed to run good on the test drive but a week later i needed alternator batery plugs wires fuel lines were rusted, and the rockers were junk but covered nicely by a thin coat of paint till i hit a bump, but i love this beast and untill i can find an svt or 4cyl mtx post 97 im sticking with it:laugh:

Back