• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Just wrecked my CSVT...

congrats on the purchase to fix the car, if only i had knew you before you could've got an actual svt parts car to fix it.

Well As far as using an SE for SVT parts, Im only using the front end, except for the bumper cover. Mine wasnt damaged too bad. Ill also grab some other parts but nothing major. It'll look no different then when it rolled off the productoin line, I hope. Again if anybody has any suggestions, insiders knowledge, a few tricks, or a mod or two that could easily be performed while doing this rebuild let me know. Thank you to all of you.

If you need any help just let me know. i'm not that far away.

Edit: no charge, just wanna see this car get back on the road.

Ah what a beautiful Saturday morning. The birds are chirping...... actually its kind of ugly in Atlanta..... Just want to bring those interested up to date. Ob1 joined me on New Years Eve, and helped me get my core support straightened out pretty good. I'll be dropping the radiator, and removing the battery tray (?) and taking the power dist box out as well. I'll post some pics today. I can honestly say that I enjoyed talking to somebody who is as fanatical about there car as I am. It was an exciting day. So if any of you would like to drop by, drink a soda ( or beer) and give a novice some direction, feel free to pm me and we'll arrange details. You never know, you might even see a good old fashioned :censored: kicking. Thats a another story all in itself

Thats what I love about CEG. People always willing to help a fellow owner out. :cool: If I lived a little closer I would stop by. Can't wait to see this thing progress to being back on the road!

1998-2000 Ford Contour Survivor Front Bumper Not my cup of pee,i mean tea. But since its a pita to find a clean csvt front,this might be the answer.I cant find what you are seeing on ebay!
2d9dxr8.jpg

are you going to take the car to a frame shop to have it checked out? also i like the bumper you linked more then the after market thing pictures. But only if you have to replace the bumper.

are you going to take the car to a frame shop to have it checked out? also i like the bumper you linked more then the after market thing pictures. But only if you have to replace the bumper.

I'd like to have the frame checked, and probably will. I spoke with someone that told me they "knew somebody" or something like that.
IMG_0481.jpg
IMG_0482.jpg
The one above was a little bit off... but you can kind of see how progress is going. These photos were shot last weekend. I'm actually about to begin weilding tonight and get my front end put back on.

You seem to be rocking right along with it. I'm trying to clear my schedule so I can come up & check you out this weekend.

Im free this weekend as well, If OB1 is headed that way ill just follow him if its cool. Would love to lend a hand, and see the progress. let me know

Thanks you two for coming up this past weekend. I enjoyed the help. Now, I need help with door and fender alignment. Also some tips on finishing my paint on the fenders.

It should be fine, I know it sat at my house for years but it sat upright and nothing ever touched it.

My problem was that bent bracket the hood latch mounts to.... couldn't get it straight. So..... Hood pins have been used. I'm not crazy about them, but they work quite well....

hey man I have a black svt in atl too! but anyways, I would be MORE than willing to help you get that car back on the road man. Extra set of hands is always good right? Damn that car is a beauty though so dont part her out lets get her put back together. shoot me a pm man.

hey man I have a black svt in atl too! but anyways, I would be MORE than willing to help you get that car back on the road man. Extra set of hands is always good right? Damn that car is a beauty though so dont part her out lets get her put back together. shoot me a pm man.
this thread is old. He wrecked it again since this thread and it has already been parted iirc.

Back