• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Installing CD player in CSVT...?!

crazyj

New CEG'er
So today i purchased an new cd player to replace the factory one in the csvt. i bought the wire hook ups and all that good stuff. i remove the factory player and begin plugging in the new system. so i plug it in and put some power to it, the player lights up but for some reason theres NO SOUND! i try everything and finally give the guys at BestBuy a call. the guy tells me that since the svt has the premium sound package and a factory amp. that im going to need to have it installed by a profesional. and also im going to have to replace all the speakers!! wtf...why is this such a pain in the ass setup?!?! can anyone shed some light on this for me????

no problem, just a little advise. i got that on the old forums. you can get to them by clicking old forums on the main page and search. as well as search the new ones. the seach is at the top of the pages. it helps alot.

So today i purchased an new cd player to replace the factory one in the csvt. i bought the wire hook ups and all that good stuff. i remove the factory player and begin plugging in the new system. so i plug it in and put some power to it, the player lights up but for some reason theres NO SOUND! i try everything and finally give the guys at BestBuy a call. the guy tells me that since the svt has the premium sound package and a factory amp. that im going to need to have it installed by a profesional. and also im going to have to replace all the speakers!! wtf...why is this such a pain in the ass setup?!?! can anyone shed some light on this for me????

Well he was technically right... you should bypass it, it's retarded to integrate.... usually the amp goes bad and then you have to bypass it anyways..... Now as for the speakers being replaced... unless they're blown the factory speakers should all be 4 ohm and fine for an aftermarket deck, but new speakers will sound much better....

Back