• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Cold Air Intake Goo???

BoneStock99

CEG'er
What the heck is this stuff?

There was a bunch of it coating the inside of a brand new NPG Cold Air Intake. Had a heck of a time getting it out.

P7180002.jpg

P7180003.jpg

-Tim-

what does it feel like? gum or masticated food? i say joey forgot he stashed his gum while he was working in the pipe he sent out to u:laugh:. or was there a banana stuck in ur intake pipe?:lol. it does look like mashed banana. any negative effects?

Please do a detailed install write up on this! I have a new one in my trunk i'm waiting to put on, but there isnt any goo in mine................:laugh:

or was there a banana stuck in ur intake pipe?:lol.

Eddie Murphy said:
I ain't fallin' for no banana in my tail pipe trick

It did feel like a mashed banana come to think of it, but it was not oxidized brown like a peeled banana would be after being in a shipping carton for two or three days.

Didn't smell at all.

It seemed a little too oily to be a banana and had a slight gel like consistency, wouldn't wash out of the tube with soap and a sponge, had to be scrubbed and lifted mechanically.

Not really petrolium based but "Masticated food" seems to describe it well.

The good news is that I'm not sick and my fingers didn't fall off.

Maybe I'll mash a banana in it, wrap it in bubble wrap and then ship it to myself as an experiement.

-Tim-

Did you pop a ZIT!? :eek: That is nasty:laugh:!

Looks like it would have come out of this:
68111972_c2a638e604.jpg

lol............it harmless it is pipe lube that is used on the bending process just run hot water through the pipe it will melt off...........sorry I didn't reply sooner. Joey

Back