• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

B&M Short Throw Shifter

no, just put it in the right spot and not in the classified section... i'm only complaining because people did the same to me

it's cool, we've all done it before... and off the top of my head i can't remeber, but i do recall it being pretty straight foward

sorry I did not know, an is there any way you can tell me exactly how to put it in

its very easy, just pay attention to how you take the stock one out. the B&M, like the stock shifter, has a linkage with a ball at the end, snap that into place, insert the rubber bushing from the stock shifter on the bottom of the short shifter. and tighten all the screws. its basically self explanatory. don't forget to transfer all the small components from each shifter. i did mine a while ago, but i remember most of it. also remember to install the stopper pin with the reverse lock out the right way or the reverse lock out will be disabled...not a big deal as some like to remove the reverse lockout feature, if i missed something i'm sure someone will add their 2 cents....hope it helps

Last edited:
Back