• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

my zetec SE thread...

fender crumple has been fixed. No recent pictures though. ill get some today maybe :troutslap:

and thanks

well its more for when im at the track. if i remember right, after our 15-20min sessions i was around 230-240. so not everyday but when im at the track, id like the extra cooling. Unless my thoughts are missing something? :shrug:

are you sure the current cooling system is working correctly? I don't even think my 3L turbo in the middle of summer had a coolant temp that high. high speed fan should have turn on by 220 degrees.

could have been my temp sensor, it isn't working right now and that day I was loose(ground strap on it). so thinking about it, it probly wasn't reading correctly

Thats a good looking Zetec!

What is up with the intake though? Is that aluminum foil wrapped around the intake pipe?

its heat wrap normally used to tape cloths dryer vents together. its covering a ducted taped over hole. The hole was for the valve breather, since the focus zetec has a close pvc system. The heat sheilding wrap actually works very well. Im surprised with it

A few questions:

1. How difficult would you say your header install was? Is it doable in a home garage? How did you avoid a CEL, or did you just let it shine? :laugh:

2. Do you have cam gears, or did you just remove the cover?

3. What size is your breather filter? My breather hose looks like garbage.

A few questions:

1. How difficult would you say your header install was? Is it doable in a home garage? How did you avoid a CEL, or did you just let it shine? :laugh:

2. Do you have cam gears, or did you just remove the cover?

3. What size is your breather filter? My breather hose looks like garbage.

1. very easy, you might have to get your a/c vacced and filled after though. The clump on the compressor might be in the way. I have a MIL eliminator in the mail, before then i let it shine.

2. no i just hated the cover

3. i have the S&B filter from the kkm intake now, so I have a hose going to that but that breather i got off of zxtuner.com

Got a good deal on ebay about a month ago, so I picked up a set of Autometer Phantom gauges. They are Vacuum, Volt, and oil pressure(0-100psi)

P2230108.jpg

Ill get some pics with them installed soon.

dont you remember that convo over the summer when i installed the equus gauges?

These are just so everything matches to make me happy. :cool:

svt front brackets are on the way(compliments of Svttour)... along with EBC redstuff pads and blank Brembo rotors :drool:

the list in post #9 has been updated.

a good deal came up on focaljet. So its looking like im going to get these
DSC01353.jpg

just waiting for an email with pics of those particular pulleys and condition. Now i need to find an Alt. OD pulley. ultralight weight FTW!

well brake rotors and pads came in today.
P3050110.jpg

yummmmm brembo :drool:
P3050111.jpg

motorcraft strut bearings :cool:
P3050113.jpg

new front roll mount, ES insert and my extra drivers tie rod
P3050112.jpg

Holy Jesus, moneybags!:crazy:

psh, i wait for really good deals on stuff and hunt for hours finding them.

the rotors were about 25shipped each, es insert was bought because it pushed me over a free shipping price(which was the same price as shipping lol) and the mount was bought on ebay for 20bucks shipped. pads were expensive at 75ish shipped. :shrug:

oh and the bearings were 30bucks shipped.(ebay)

added: another part came in over the weekend, Focus Central 2 piece UDP set.

pulleys.jpg

going to get a Alt. OD to keep voltage up with my sub. there are mainly for weight savings over my 4lbs stock crank.

Back