• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Dim Speedometer Needle in 99 CSVT

99duratec

New CEG'er
Hey guys,

I have a 99 CSVT with 157,000 miles (grandma only drove it to the store and church:rolleyes:) All of the gauges function normally. The issue I am having is the illumination at night. The speedometer needle is very dim. All of the other needles (tach,fuel,temp) all light up bright red as they should, but for some reason the speedo wont. I took the gauge cluster out of the vehicle and all of the light bulbs were good as far as the back lighting goes. Has anyone else had/or having this issue, or is this a common thing with the CSVT. I'm a little OCD and this needle thing is KILLING ME!!!!!:help:

I did a search, but couldnt find anything about this issue. Does anyone know what makes the needles light up? Im sure as with most parts for this car, the gauge cluster is obsolete, so getting it from Ford im sure is a no-go.. I hate to take it to the dealer, Ford mechanics seem to look at the Contour like it has the black plague.. :nonono:

Any info you guys can share would me much appreciated!!

Thanks in advance

Back