• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

how big is gas tank?

I ran it what I though was within miles of running out yesterday (3oo miles)
Also how are some of these people getting close to or getting a full 350 out of one tank..jealous!!!

I hit near 350 that was all highway driving at about 65 mph ....

When I drove from Central Texas to Louisiana, I got about 325-335 miles per tank. Please keep in mind that miles per tank is really irrelevant.(arbitrary number/guess)

I read back through the old posts and found this kind of interesting. When I drove my SVT from Texas to Michigan, I made it from my house to my first stop in Joplin, MO (430 miles) on one tank without running out of gas, equating to a little over 29 MPG. Factor in the fact that I was going 87 MPH (just shy of 3700 RPM to avoid the secondaries), and I don't see how you guys are getting 100 miles less out of a tank. Is my car abnormal? It has always been my understanding that my SVT has a 15.0 gallon tank, and my Jetta has a 14.5 gallon tank, but I might be getting the two confused. On another note, I think people who tell you their car's fuel efficiency in miles per tank are retarded and probably don't actually know how big their tank is or how to calculate MPG. :help:

I read back through the old posts and found this kind of interesting. When I drove my SVT from Texas to Michigan, I made it from my house to my first stop in Joplin, MO (430 miles) on one tank without running out of gas, equating to a little over 29 MPG. Factor in the fact that I was going 87 MPH (just shy of 3700 RPM to avoid the secondaries), and I don't see how you guys are getting 100 miles less out of a tank. Is my car abnormal? It has always been my understanding that my SVT has a 15.0 gallon tank, and my Jetta has a 14.5 gallon tank, but I might be getting the two confused. On another note, I think people who tell you their car's fuel efficiency in miles per tank are retarded and probably don't actually know how big their tank is or how to calculate MPG. :help:

your 29 mpg was probably all highway miles I take it? if so thats not that abnormal, that should put you around 22-23 in the city. I just filled up the other day and will chime in when I run out to see what kinda mpg I got.

Back