• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Cherry Bombs

Yea I have a cherry bomb on an 84 F250 farm truck that has an Inline 6 300ci engine and that thing has a ricey sound now and then even. If I were you I would just leave the exhaust alone until you are ready to do a full out mod on it.

Also I have an SVT muffler with the tip if you're interested. My buddy has a Geo Metro with a 1L 3 cylinder thats muffler rusted off. We stuck one of the svt ones on there and it actually sounded really good. It wasn't a much different tone than the SVT. It was low but did have some rasp when letting the engine rmp's slowly decrease. Let me know if you're interested.

well my SVT has a glaspac and magnaflows out back. it sounds pretty good, somewhat similar to my SeVT but no where as loud, definately good for everyday driving or trips ...

I've got a Thrust glasspack for the Res, and running stock SVT mufflers out back, w/ the MSDS headers. Louder, but not too much that I get a headache. Just about right for me.

4cyl Contour + Automatic trans = leave it stock!

If you want to spend money on your car, tint your windows or install a nice stereo.

4cyl Contour + Automatic trans = leave it stock!

If you want to spend money on your car, tint your windows or install a nice stereo.

I disagree. I really like my SVT exhaust without the resonator. Nice and deep and DEFINITELY not ricey. I just replaced it from the flex pipe back (flex pipe on Zetec is where cat is on Duratec), and it sounds solid. OP, if you want a sound clip I will be taking one later. It's definitely something to consider, you just need to find someone to install it for you...
DSC01728.jpg

Last edited:
Back