• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Other than Diagnostic tools?

CSVT_2004

Hard-core CEG'er
Does anyone know of a place that just sells software and cables for OBDII and OBDI. Just wondering if there is anything out there like that, because everywhere it just seems to be the diagnostic tools that can read live data, I wish I could throw some software on my laptop and just plug into the car and be able to pull codes and erase CEL's and just read diagnostics off the car... I'm guessing there is something out there like this, but I've never been able to find anything...

Does anyone know of a place that just sells software and cables for OBDII and OBDI. Just wondering if there is anything out there like that, because everywhere it just seems to be the diagnostic tools that can read live data, I wish I could throw some software on my laptop and just plug into the car and be able to pull codes and erase CEL's and just read diagnostics off the car... I'm guessing there is something out there like this, but I've never been able to find anything...

YES! Like I've been telling people, the XCAL2 is very useful for just what you are asking, AND you can get a brand new tune for you car to gain more power while you are at it.

The datalogging software from SCT for the xcal2 is superior to almost every datalogger I've seen. It plugs in and you can clear codes as well.

Why not just get a hand held? They come with the book with the code defs in it. And last I saw they were around the $50 range.

Anything beyond that is going to do more than what you're looking for.

I personally have the Auterra device taht BrApple posted.

Back