• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

i love this weather!

SVTJON87

Hard-core CEG'er
man guys and gals this is great! my car hasn't been this clean in months. it looks like a different car to me. but anyway, lets hear what you have been doing with this weather!!! Ive just been doing some much needed TLC.

changed my oil outside on ramps the other day.... swapped wires/plugs... Havent cleaned it yet but its just a matter of time..

I'm also debating on throwing on the summer rims/tires but I know the minute I do we are going to get snow :(

but yes, LOVE THIS WEATHER! I've driven with my sunroof open 2 days now.

I'm taking BLKOUT2 out for day or two before i strip it....it'll be a nice treat before work starts. Also going to probable roll the R&D car outside and strip it down some more in the nice weather.

Changed the wipers, rotated the winter tires yesterday on the SE. I'll be giving it an oil change tonight after work. The SVT will be getting it's wipers replaced, oil changed, plugs, wires, new HL's, the list goes on.... as soon as it gets out of storage (when I feel comfortable no more snow will be around for a while) I love this weather, bout time it finally showed up!!! :cool:

Just took my car for a scenic drive today and man is it beautiful outside:cool:. I get paid this Friday, so I may be purchasing some bushings because the car is in bad need of some and new rotors as well. :nonono:

now the difficulty of closing it.

whatchu talkin aboot? my SVT's sunroof is perfect.... its the other one that needs a new gear or motor but there are tricks to closing that one... LOL

I heard we are getting snow this Thursday or Friday now... :( no summer rims and splitter for me yet... this BLOWS!

im loving the weather too, car is clean, although sunroof gear just broke, luckily its fully closed, windows down music bumpin and cruisin it up with all the peeps

i've been driving the contour like crazy.. i think friday-monday i put over 200 miles on.. Hey, i gotta break the tranny in somehow.. during the day for me.. all the windows are down.. Man i missed this weather.. I was thinking of putting my rims on this weekend but then i remembered that my suspension is shot and i would do nothing but rub...

anyone a pro at replacing window regulators/motor assemblies?

Last time I opened my drivers side window it came off the track and it took 3 of us to push/pull operate the button to get it closed. I vowed never to open it again but with this weather that wont last long.

I can get the parts at work but chit if I could install them -- my drivers side front and rear windows are both sorta jacked up.. not sure why but they both want to fall off the tracks and not close all the way.

Back