• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Badge engineering, newest mods to the CX-7 and final pics of the Crossfire

Klasse Act

I pee with gloves on!
Well because it so nice here today in SEMI I thought I'd get things cleaned up, mainly my wifes CX-7 and even got the oil changed too. My mother-in-law dropped by in her 07' GP-GT and it needed a little extra attention after it was washed, so I "blinged it up" I also decided to snap a couple pics of the Crossfire as its going to be sold to BavarianBMW tomorrow, enjoy the pics!

First up is the GP-GT and I really like the color, its called "Purple Haze" metallic!
image.jpg

The wheels are a new design for 07' and I think they look sharp on the car, especially when you factor in the color
image.jpg

I did say something about "badge engineering" right, well because GM doesn't want people to know the GT version of the GP is S/C'd, I did something about it, check it out
image.jpg

We tried to get the font as close as possible and even tried getting a pic from Ebay to scan, but when he blew up the pic the pixels got distorted, so this is a close-up of what we decided to go with
image.jpg

The mods to the CX-7 are just as subtle, but here they are anyways:

Matching window tint on the sides makes the chrome trim around all the windows really come out
image.jpg

image.jpg

Owners of the CX-7 might need a little more power, so they give you this to add to your car and its worth atleast 5hp
image.jpg

The last mod was actually pretty significant because it really makes a difference, although you can't tell in the pic. We added a pair of PIAA yellow fog bulbs to the mix with the HIDs and WOW!, they look great compared to the dull, faded halogens that came in the truck. If you look closely you can see the yellow of the bulb and it really gives the truck a distict "Lexus look"
image.jpg

Last but not least the Crossfire! Yeah, you've seen it before, blah, blah, blah and yes, it ran a 14.8@94 mph to some peoples surprise (not mine) but I've gotta say my time in the car was about as good as it could be considering the mistake I made leasing it in the first place. Its been to Chicago twice, the Dragon twice and down to WV too. Along the way it racked up 16.5K on the clock, only had (1) recall for a fan relay, the fogs were replaced under warranty with a new, improved design and there were No rattles, nothing! It was also GREAT on gas, getting anywhere from 28-33 mpg on the freeway, 20-23 mpg in mixed driving, which is usually spirited because of the sound of the muffler I installed on it and looking back on it, I wish I could afford to keep the car, put it up and drive it from time to time because I really appreciated everything the car offered me. So enjoy, the final pics of the Crossfire...

Final count for hand rubbed coats....102 and that was in less than 2 years
image.jpg

The lines of the car are truely classic and will be looked at down the road as so IMO
image.jpg

I'd also like to pass along a little story from the Crossfire forums that I've been apart of for the past 2 years. A couple of the guys over there said I should give up my "man card" because I'm getting rid of the Crossfire to get a MCS. Now I know the car has this "hair dresser" rep, but I can't believe anyone from over there would say something like that, hey pot, what color is that kettle, right guys. BTW, speaking of the MCS, I've got my VIN and everything is going as sceduled, meaning I should have the car by the middle of next month and I will be at SZ with it, along with a couple mods to it too!

Im ordering my stuff pretty soon too Rodger. I need a lot of clay bar and that tire shine stuff you used..

maybe the new ones are...

Then whats the benefit of getting a GTP? if the GT has an S/C option. I just looked on ebay, and half of the 07' models on there have superchargers, jeez a loaded GP GT with an S/C only costs 18 grand. with under 5K miles. Thats impressive.

I wonder if the GXP will ever get that cheap, a pontiac maybe in my future... If not that then a G8 :drool:

Then whats the benefit of getting a GTP? if the GT has an S/C option. I just looked on ebay, and half of the 07' models on there have superchargers, jeez a loaded GP GT with an S/C only costs 18 grand. with under 5K miles. Thats impressive.

I wonder if the GXP will ever get that cheap, a pontiac maybe in my future... If not that then a G8 :drool:

Make sure you put a restrictor plate on it, wouldnt want you gettting more tickets with that 300 odd horsepower. Its bad enough with that 100 hp corolla!

Night pics of the HIDs and yellow PIAA fogs

Night pics of the HIDs and yellow PIAA fogs

At dusk
image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Its kinda hard to appreciate the "yellowness" of the fogs, but trust me, they are REALLY yellow, maybe these will "shed some light on things"...
image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Check out the cut-off, amazing:drool:
image.jpg

These lights make everything sparkle
image.jpg

I remember seeing someone posting pics of their yellow fogs in their CSVT and the pics did them NO justice, well, it might be the same case here but trust me, they are PERFECT!

Rodger, those bulbs worked out PERFECT!! LOVE the look :drool:

your fogs have an awesome cutoff for a halogen style fog

Saw the Supercharged badge in person....looks great!:cool:

I got a place in my heart for the CX7 obviously.....wish I could tint the front windows here in IL. Kim's 7 would have had yellow fogs...instead they ended up on my car.:laugh: She didn't like the yellow.

Good riddens Crossfire. Couldn't even fit into it to drive it.:shrug:

You fit into the car but probably weren't all the comfortable when you drove it:laugh: Speaking of "badge engineering", I've got to get down to the Acura dealership and order that turbo badge from the RDX for Cheri's CX-7:cool:

"It official"

"It official"

The Crossfire went away today officially at 10:15 a.m. and I also found out my MCS is going to be built this Thursday (3/15) and should get on the boat by the end of the month. So far I'm on scedule to get the car by my wifes birthday, much to her shagrin:laugh:....TOO BAD!

The Crossfire went away today officially at 10:15 a.m. and I also found out my MCS is going to be built this Thursday (3/15) and should get on the boat by the end of the month. So far I'm on scedule to get the car by my wifes birthday, much to her shagrin:laugh:....TOO BAD!
Hell yes!:cool:

"snap a couple pics of the Crossfire as its going to be sold to BavarianBMW tomorrow"

it's going to be sold to Bavarian Bavarian Motor works?

And I really liked the Crossfire. MCS is definitely more user friendly though.

Sure it's a small car but it's damn well built and a looker in my eyes, its got a european flair about it that fits in well around these parts, maybe not so much so in the upper midwest.

SRT6 is more my style and I think these Crossfires will begin to be collectible once another decade passes.

Back