• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Contours replacement

Korfu

Veteran CEG'er
Well i finally got another car. I went with a 04 Golf, tried to get as close to the same color as the old tour to honor it, kinda.

Well here it is, tell me what you think. Only mod so far is the HIDs.

416589004_bc07a104fb_b.jpg

416588433_7d0ee71cfe_b.jpg

416587870_728bc75639_b.jpg

416587541_efd35b5d64_b.jpg

416586977_c679612579_b.jpg

416586638_8665908a0d_o.jpg

A 2 bar badgeless grill is already on its way then im going to start a boser hood conversion. Alot of the car is going to be Aesthenic because its a 2.0L 8Valve, and not too many performance parts exist for this engine. I've been doing some research and I have a plan for performance. Only hint is it has nothing to do with the current engine.

[borat] Very Nice :) [/borat]

I wuvvles Golfs, what motor does it have? Stick?

the lights are 6ks. I was getting the kit and the 6ks were the lowest ones he still had aval. others were 8k and the purple ones. They are insanely bright. If/when the bulbs blow im going to replace them with 4.3ks. But i dont got the cash on hand.

Overall very happy. Only complaint is the lack of power. But i needed something with in my price range and i wanted some sort of warranty. Its a certified used etc, super happy with the purchase.

Last edited:
the lights are 6ks. I was getting the kit and the 6ks were the lowest ones he still had aval. others were 8k and the purple ones. They are insanely bright. If/when the bulbs blow im going to replace them with 4.3ks. But i dont got the cash on hand.

Overall very happy. Only complaint is the lack of power. But i needed something with in my price range and i wanted some sort of warranty. Its a certified used etc, super happy with the purchase.

so im guessing its the 2.0L SOHC

my brother had that in his old 97 Jetta. That car was quick all the way up toooo 3rd gear. Then it just lost its power band.

good news, there is a huge aftermarket for that motor. Slap a turbo on there :)

Well Brett, it's no 2000 SVT 3L, but I'm glad to see you got into something you wanted! :) Congrats on the new car! :cool:

Mark

Alot of the car is going to be Aesthenic because its a 2.0L 8Valve, and not too many performance parts exist for this engine. I've been doing some research and I have a plan for performance. Only hint is it has nothing to do with the current engine.
so im guessing its the 2.0L SOHC

my brother had that in his old 97 Jetta. That car was quick all the way up toooo 3rd gear. Then it just lost its power band.

good news, there is a huge aftermarket for that motor. Slap a turbo on there :)
That's what he said! Although you two seem to have different opiniions on the available mods.

I'd change out those HIDs to something more "useable", like a 4-6K kit:idea: Other than that I'm sure you'll have fun modding it out as there's so much out there for it, good luck!

I'd change out those HIDs to something more "useable", like a 4-6K kit:idea: Other than that I'm sure you'll have fun modding it out as there's so much out there for it, good luck!

Roger read above LOL

maybe its just me being partial but they arent that blue in person. Maybe its my not so great camera. They arent that ricey.

I like it, Korfu. :cool: I've got a set of 15" alloy stock wheels under my house if you want to ditch the steelies. :D Man, you shoulda hit me up a few weeks ago; I just sold a Kamei badgeless sprot grille and Neuspeed cold air box w/K&N filter on ebay for cheap! :crazy: I've got the 2-bar badgeless grille ready to install this weekend. The Boser hood is sweet as hell, and there are a lot of different ways you can customize it instead of just how it comes outta the box.

I've got a couple pics of my car in the "ParkedCar saves the day!" thread.

My girlfriend's 98 bug had the 2.0, and I must say it was.... well... not fast. But I'll be damned if we couldn't cruise at 112mph down the highway feeling like we were going 65.:cool: The stability on those german cars is amazing.

Back