• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Foglight Parking light mod

they made the fog light system that way because it is illegal in most states to drive on public roads with your foglights as your primary lighting system.

Yes, it's a very simple and basic mod to do that rocks. i believe it was one of the first mods that everyone jumped on in the early CEG days (pre my era).

they made the fog light system that way because it is illegal in most states to drive on public roads with your foglights as your primary lighting system.

close, I believe it has more to do with only being allowed to have two pairs of forward facing lights on at a time .... look at cars with single high/low beams as often the fog lights will not turn off when the high beams come on ... now with like our car with seperate low and high beams the fog lights need to turn off ...

as it was already said most folow the how to on the main page ...

you could also hook it up to your wipers and there on when you turn on y our car all the time unless you turn them off.

i dont quite understand what your tryin to do. i can have my foglights on at the same time as my headlights. is that the point of this?

yes the fog lamps will come on with the low beams and the low beams only ... this allows you to turn the fog lamps on without having the low beams on ...

I've always wanted to do the mod where you connect the foglights to the interior light relay as well so when I locked or unlock the car they turn on. Wish I didn't suck at electrical things :laugh:

yep, easy mod that looks great especially at dusk with parking/fogs only (check the attachment for a pic)

Attachments

• picture 032.JPG
    picture 032.JPG
    25.5 KB · Views: 0
I always thought this was a pointless mod... but after really trying to think of valid reasons, I got one. I occasionally drive (not slow) through unlit curvy mountain roads... so the more light the merrier.

Is there a way to do the mod and still have them turn off automatically when i turn on the high beams:shrug: i would love to do this mod, but i have to get my car inspected every year and i know it won't pass if they don't turn off automatically:blackeye:

Back