• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

dumb question, but i cant find it...

nitrocarmsn

New CEG'er
i have a manual tour and i want to check the fluid in the trans, and i cant find the damn dip stick, i looked for a good 10 min, and i cant see it, where is the thing?

there is no stick man, there is no stick. I searched for that damn thing for a week and finally got advice from here and they told me. the only way to check it that I know of is to pull the drain plug and fill till it starts leaking. but I pulled the half shaft on the drivers side and drained it as far as I could then refilled to get as much fresh fluid in there as possible.

there should be two "plugs" on the trans. the lower one is the drain plug and the upper one (not much higher) is the fill plug. pull the fill plug while on a level surface and stick your lile finger through the hole to the point that your first knuckle will bend inside the trans. if you feel Trans fluid its fine, if not its low. IIRC its recomended to change it every 60K miles

Happy you dumb beaner?

Last edited:
there should be two "plugs" on the trans. the lower one is the drain plug and the upper one (not much higher) is the fill plug. pull the fill plug while on a level surface and stick your lile finger through the hole to the point that your first knuckle will bend inside the trans. if you feel Trans fluid its fine, if not its low. IIRC its recomended to change it every 60K miles

Happy you dumb beaner?

How much did your parents spend at UTI ????

Last edited:
what the hell is wrong with that statement? How many times have you seen something (espicially with the contour) that isnt there but SHOULD BE?

i mean you SHOULD have been able to power wash your zetec but we all know how that turned out. your fuel rail SHOULDNT have leaked on the 3L but it did. :D

what the hell is wrong with that statement? How many times have you seen something (espicially with the contour) that isnt there but SHOULD BE?

i mean you SHOULD have been able to power wash your zetec but we all know how that turned out. your fuel rail SHOULDNT have leaked on the 3L but it did. :D

I hope that wasn't your best....

Last edited:
oh i can keep going. but i wont embarasse you

ok i lied i will:
you shouldnt have hung up on your new boss. you get fired that way.

Back