• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Removing Clutch Hydraulic Line

Mr.T

New CEG'er
I am in in the middle of removing the engine in my wife's 2000 SVT, and am curious if any of you have found an easy way to remove the clutch slave cylinder hydraulic line clip at the firewall end. Like most things on this car, there is hardly any room to work and the orinetation of the part is locate in the worst possible manner (upside down in this case:mad: ). Any opinions are appreciated.

I can't wait to finish this thing up and sell it. As much as I love Ford vehicles and enjoy driving this thing, my hate for the serviceability has reached critical mass.

Muntus,

Thanks for the reply. I hear what you are saying, but since the clip comes from the bottom up, there is no room to get needles nose in there and grab the top of the clip. I tried for about 45 minutes to get a flat head screw drive in from the underside but there was no room. Is the one on your car instaled from the bottom up as well?

The clip is not from the bottom up, it goes in from the passenger towards the drivers side... Just push the end of the clip from the drivers side to the passenger side as much as you can with a flat head screw driver, it makes it easier to take it off like that...

BTW why are you taking it off at the firewall end??? Just take it off at the tranny right where it goes to the slave

Back