• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Now for my next issue...blower works on one speed...HIGH

mhhwilly67

New CEG'er
Looking at the Haynes manual prints, all speeds other than high go through a resister pack. Does anyone know where that resisters are before I start tearing up the inside?

Looking at the Haynes manual prints, all speeds other than high go through a resister pack. Does anyone know where that resisters are before I start tearing up the inside?

Resistor pack and harness, 20bucks at a dealer for the parts. Its a harness with a plug and crimps to splice it in then a resistor pack. Look under glove box next to center console, little bit up on the heater/ac box. One 7mm screw holds it in.

Thanks

Thanks

Thanks.....There is a bone yard called Pick and Pull in Virginia Beach, VA...saved my hunfreds of $$$ so far

I do not have my Contour anymore..but I did have the resister pack replaced via a Ford extended warranty.
Correct me if I'm wrong ..The warranty extended to 240,000 kms or 10 years .My Contour was a '95
It took about 1/2 hour at the dealer from when I walked in the door for a diagnostic and went on my way.

parts cost me $13 bucks at ford. Its located under the passenger side of dash. Took me about 10 minutes to install. Easy.

I do not have my Contour anymore..but I did have the resister pack replaced via a Ford extended warranty.
Correct me if I'm wrong ..The warranty extended to 240,000 kms or 10 years .My Contour was a '95
It took about 1/2 hour at the dealer from when I walked in the door for a diagnostic and went on my way.

When mine went out, my Switch wouldn't turn either. The ford in my town replaced the switch and the resistor, AND fixed my HVAC white face overlay (which wouldnt light up at night) for free :) I went to pick up the car Pulled out my wallet, and the guy at the service desk gave me a sheet of paper and the keys, told me to sign it and be on my way, no charge :)

Back