• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

car is in paint !!!

Yeah, that looks HAWT. I love that color. And I think shaving the door handles and such looks horrible. I love the way this is coming out.

color should be pretty close

DSC03012.JPG

wanted fiberglass ones but of well, I think they came out well

Cars looking really good dude. I'd really like to see it once you get it back. Feel free to drop by to show off your beautiful baby if you'd like.

was very disapointed yesterday ... the plan thursday was to have the res tof my car in the paint booth friday afternoon so that it could be painted first thing monday ... well the rest didn't go into the paint booth until yesterday afternoon, so hopefully this evening there will be painted and I will have more of an update ....

more paint has been completed :laugh:

ok the deal is since the car slipped into another week they are working on it inbetween the other work that was booked for this week ... so with any luck the car will be back to me friday ... maybe thursday at best

anyway the remaining parts have been painted, they started to wet sand the body and clean it up. as for the color match if you open the door, we openned the drivers door today and you couldn't tell a difference. also the rear bumper still needs the lower valance painted, this will be done once the bumper is back on the car, it will be semi gloss black. I did notice that the paint ran on the mirko so that will be interesting to see how it gets cleaned up.

DSC03071.JPG

DSC03072.JPG

DSC03073.JPG

DSC03074.JPG

DSC03075.JPG

DSC03076.JPG

Last edited:
if the run is in the clear, a simple sanding will take it out...looks good brian

Back