• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

SleeperZ style intake for V6???

BAT intake pipe + K&N RU3530 filter + MAF adapter = Best bang for the buck intake.

No, they do not make a sleeperz intake for the V6.

Well I'm not sure what you are trying to do with the intake? Between the throttle body and MAF there is no more than like 5 inches. It's nothing like the Zetec that needs bends and all the sort of thing. If you want to get a hard piece in place of the rubber accordian type thing, go to BAT or somewhere, but it's not going to get you any power. Better off just going with the K&N 3530 open filter with MAF adapter. The K&N drop does nothing at all, I know from experience.

-Jon

My original thought was to just replace that piece and use a drop-in K&N. I figured that would give me alittle gain without any added sound.

But if replacing the rubber accordian piece won't do anything, I'll just have to rethink my intake plans.

Anyone know of a fairly quite intake setup that will actually add some power?

search.jpg

Use it.

no open element filter will be quiet so that's something that is unavoidable

I understand about the open element filters. But, my original post was about using a flat stock-replacement style filter.

I've seen many pics of cars with a cone filter that was completely sealed in a box/heat shield. Wouldn't that reduce the volume of the filter noise?

Back