• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

So I forgot how much I enjoyed

The Digital Slacker

Hard-core CEG'er
swimming.

I joined a gym with a pool tonight and it rocks. I swam almost a full mile... which is almost a full mile more then i've swam in the past year. I am freaking beat.

I love swimming.
xtascox does too. :)

Keep at it Doug.

Last edited:
Well, last time I saw him in the pool he was wearing those floaty things on his arms.

:D

Doug, how are you doing with the swimming?

Last edited:
Just takes some time. Can't swim full speed the whole time. Few laps of front crawl then a lap of backstroke, few more laps of front crawl then some breaststroke. Just keep moving...

Swam a mile today. 36 laps!

Good job! :) It does take time, you just have to keep at it.

I was telling Alex (xtascox) that I had once attended a swim school at Lafayette College and the warm-up was 100 laps of each stroke! :help: :eek: A 400 lap warm-up... :crazy: After two hours we lost count of how many laps we did. This was how we started every class.

This "school" was invite only, you needed three swim team type references to attend and be a strong swimmer.

I used to swim everyday, I was on the summer and winter swim teams so I was used to many laps. But, at the end of these classes they had people on the side of the pool to help us out, none of us could get out of the pool on our own. :laugh: You just couldn't move anymore.

Back