• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Do all countours have PATS?

silverbullet99

New CEG'er
I am wanting to put a remote starter on my 99 tour and wondered if it has PATS as i am pretty sure that would prevent me from doing so. My car is a 99 2.0 atx lx.

Why don't you just get a bypass box so your starter will pork. Easy to install. You just get a key made w/code and put it in the box. Bypasses the pats during remote start-up. The pats will still function normally when the remote starter is not in use. I've seen them at wal mart, by bulldog. They were on clearance the other day for $10.00. Brian..............

I am wanting to put a remote starter on my 99 tour and wondered if it has PATS as i am pretty sure that would prevent me from doing so. My car is a 99 2.0 atx lx.

Should be good, My old 99 Zetec ATX had a remote start and I loved every second of it...

Last edited:
Darn you..... you........ you........ modifier type!!! LOL

modifier?

Moderator??

neways, I see your location is Midland, is that Michigan? Im from there and probably will be there today and tomorrow.

Well my car has a clock so....... :p

To summarize this thread because it's getting to be pretty stupid.....

PATS was ONLY on 98+ V6 Contours/Mystiques.
Clocks were on ALL 95-98 Contours/Mystiques.

There is no connection between clocks and PATS. If you have a clock on a 98.5+, it's because it was added at some point and is not factory.

Back