• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

New pics!

I like where the sticker is, but I think a smaller font in a color that blends in more with the paint would be ideal. Something that you notice upon closer inspection of the car. Not something you can see from a few car lengths away.

You are on the right track though.

picture.JPG

nice car, but im confused. Top mounted radiator/intercooler but no hood scope? why did mazda do that?

I dont mind the font/size/color. But I only would have used it on one side. As much as I'm about symmetry, I think the one- side decal like that on the hood looks pretty slick.

I think I'd rather see an inlet vs. a scoop on the hood. The car is a little too small to look... "right" with a scoop, IMO.

nice car, but im confused. Top mounted radiator/intercooler but no hood scope? why did mazda do that?

In an IC. There are ducts that take air from the front grill and dump it on the IC. The ducting is mostly attached to the hood, you can't see it in his pics. I would guess a scoop would help, or a front mount would be even better. I'm sure Hector is aware of the potential gains of each, it's been a while since I've been on the MS3 boards.

In an IC. There are ducts that take air from the front grill and dump it on the IC. The ducting is mostly attached to the hood, you can't see it in his pics. I would guess a scoop would help, or a front mount would be even better. I'm sure Hector is aware of the potential gains of each, it's been a while since I've been on the MS3 boards.
Yeah you are exactly right. The ducting is attached to the hood (think ram air).

I am probably going with the TMIC for packaging reasons (less pipes, etc), plus the dealer said if I got a FMIC my warranty would have to be voided. TMIC isn't an issue.

I saw the decals in person last weekend and I like the font for sure, but I'd go a bit smaller in the lettering department though, which I told Hectour. BTW, for those of you who haven't driven one of these cars, well, all I gotta say is WOW:drool::drool::drool: and the small mods that he did to the car make it that much more. Bone stock that car runs in the mid 14's, but with his mods its gotta be in the high 13's!

Well as many other people have said I think the font is to large. However I have another idea to toss at you.

What if you were to just put it on the one side like was mentioned earlier, but put it further up on the hood. But then add a little more. Why not add a single stripe up the hood following the body lines on the one side. Then have the '2.3L Turbo' hollowed out in the stripe. If you think the stripe would draw to much attention possibly look at ghosting it. Either way I think that would look pretty sweet, but thats just my opinion.

Well as many other people have said I think the font is to large. However I have another idea to toss at you.

What if you were to just put it on the one side like was mentioned earlier, but put it further up on the hood. But then add a little more. Why not add a single stripe up the hood following the body lines on the one side. Then have the '2.3L Turbo' hollowed out in the stripe. If you think the stripe would draw to much attention possibly look at ghosting it. Either way I think that would look pretty sweet, but thats just my opinion.
Some good ideas for sure. I got a lot of them swirling in my head too.:crazy:

This was my idea for his car too:shrug: I was thinking maybe an MPS decal on the hood, keep em' guessing and trying to keep up to find out too:laugh:

Back