• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Project Aired Out

solo92s10

Hard-core CEG'er
Ive grown tired of tearing up my mirko and only driving with it on about 10% of the time so I jumped on the opurtunity to buy a used air ride kit. Once the kit is on and functioning I will mold my mirko to my bumper and not have to worry about tearing it up anymore. Heres a few pics of the parts and a pic of my car in its current state on coilovers.

oct2014_zps0551d822.jpg

kit1_zpsf4452207.jpg

kit3_zpsb0673325.jpg

kit2_zps03683bc0.jpg

i've never took much attention to what it took to have an air ride system. It doesnt look complicated to install. You have me interested now. Are these systems any good when it come to track use? like as in open track or autocross?

I've always wanted to do this too. Let me know when you sell the kit, hahhahaha. Was this Dean's old setup that CEG has been kicking around for a few years?

A bag setup like this isn't ideal for track use. There are kits for newer cars that can be made to handle the track well but they usually involve high end struts with bags overy coils or something oof the sorts.

Joe I got this kit off of Willnc a new member. It is off of Mike eastwoods old car. And I'll let you know if it goes up for sale......I would trade it for the trailer car?

Back