• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

21mm Swaybar bracket

So I'm in a bit of a tight spot. Apparently my old rear sway bar fell off or was removed. Had time to put it on but missing the bushing bracket. I've got a 21mm rear BAT bar with PRT endlinks. I was thinking about just ordering a 20.5mm energy suspension bushing the universal kind. Thought I'd ask my fellow CEGers first.

So I'm in a bit of a tight spot. Apparently my old rear sway bar fell off or was removed. Had time to put it on but missing the bushing bracket. I've got a 21mm rear BAT bar with PRT endlinks. I was thinking about just ordering a 20.5mm energy suspension bushing the universal kind. Thought I'd ask my fellow CEGers first.

not sure about the bushing ... but with a 21mm bar, you will need to beef up the sway bar mounts otherwise the OEM mounts will quickly be ripped off the subframe ....G.

not sure about the bushing ... but with a 21mm bar, you will need to beef up the sway bar mounts otherwise the OEM mounts will quickly be ripped off the subframe ....G.
Should've mentioned that too. Got a brand new upgraded reinforced rear subframe. Looking for the A bracket. Thinking about just going to a hardware store. Just gotta find out the dimensions I need.

the A bracket ?

Where does this bracket fix to exactly ? ...G.

no sure. they usually come in a kit with the energy suspension bushings. i suppose a hardware store such as home depot or the like would have something like that in the plumbing section though. Used to hold pvc pipe and iron pipe to walls such. Preferably get the thickest one and coat it with rustoleum or the like for less future headache.

no sure. they usually come in a kit with the energy suspension bushings. i suppose a hardware store such as home depot or the like would have something like that in the plumbing section though. Used to hold pvc pipe and iron pipe to walls such. Preferably get the thickest one and coat it with rustoleum or the like for less future headache.
Yeah I checked Ace, Home Depot and Lowes. They only had some flimsy galvanized steel brackets and no where near the diameter needed. Found AutoZone has a eBay store now. They'll be here tomorrow. I think it was Energy Suspension 9.5125R

No Title

You are most correct on the Energy Suspension 9.5125R part number as being the one for your rear 21mm sway bar.

Now I have a problem I'm sure everyone knows about except for me. I dropped off my sway bar with the 21mm bushing set from Energy Suspension to my mechanic and had no idea about the difference in the mounting brackets. Is this going to take a lot of welding and/or fabrication?

My problem :

Attachments

• photo15064.jpg
    photo15064.jpg
    107.1 KB · Views: 2
Yep...you need to box/reinforce the mounting point.I think Solo had a nice how to. If you do a search for broken rear mount it should become obvious what you have to do...

Yep...you need to box/reinforce the mounting point.I think Solo had a nice how to. If you do a search for broken rear mount it should become obvious what you have to do...

Is this still needed on a new rear subframe? I found one on Ebay for about $175, I figured mine was going to be toast and I remember seeing the upgraded mounts but still only 1 bolt hole for the bracket.

Back