• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Troll Here! My Lexus IS250!

Your welcome, and we wouldn't expect anything less/different from you. Why not just bump one of your older "come look at me" threads that people forgot about rather than starting a new one everytime:shrug:. That way its more of an "update" and would come across more respectible than just trying to dig up new compliments every time by posting the same thing over and over.

For starters, I don't have any problem with you in the slightest, but I would like to make a suggestion...and I'm not trying to be an asshole for it either.

Don't open his thread's and you want have to see anything. :shrug:

That's a lot of threads.

robsdaace.jpg

For starters, I don't have any problem with you in the slightest, but I would like to make a suggestion...and I'm not trying to be an asshole for it either.

Don't open his thread's and you want have to see anything. :shrug:

It wasn't that I didn't want to see it, I always love seeing a nice car. And I dont remember this dude by name or anything since he only posts once every couple of months. So I opened the thread and realized it was the same guy, trying to get compliments on the exact same car he's posted 10 times here. He comes here because his car is nicer than ours, so naturally we are going to compliment it. He obviously shows no connection as a former contour owner to the car he once drove or the people he once chatted with, He's only here to boost his ego and I decided to call him out on it.

He comes here because his car is nicer than ours, so naturally we are going to compliment it. He obviously shows no connection as a former contour owner to the car he once drove or the people he once chatted with, He's only here to boost his ego and I decided to call him out on it.

Subjective. His car is not nicer than mine. In fact, my GS300 is 2 models ahead of his. And I still think it sucks. There are many SVTs on here I'd much rather have over an overpriced Toyota that will just rust away. I'm not sure whose it is, but that silver SVT with the red leather interior always makes me JIMP.

Ans to back up my rusting Lexus comment:
LexusRust-1.jpg

2003 GS300. 37K miles. One owner. No accidents. RUST! :rolleyes:

So I opened the thread and realized it was the same guy, trying to get compliments on the exact same car he's posted 10 times here. He comes here because his car is nicer than ours, so naturally we are going to compliment it.

My car is much nicer than a Contour, and I still think the tacky, riced out IS250 is junk, and I've told him such in the past. Then again, I actually OWN my cars. Maybe taste comes with common sense like that. :shrug:

In other words, I completely agree with you man.

Subjective. His car is not nicer than mine. In fact, my GS300 is 2 models ahead of his. And I still think it sucks. There are many SVTs on here I'd much rather have over an overpriced Toyota that will just rust away. I'm not sure whose it is, but that silver SVT with the red leather interior always makes me JIMP.

Ans to back up my rusting Lexus comment:
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y219/z_dogg2005/LexusRust-1.jpg
2003 GS300. 37K miles. One owner. No accidents. RUST! :rolleyes:

Because no other cars rust right? That's a pathetic way to try and compare quality.

If you hate the car so much, why do you own it? Or wait, is that another family members car that you call your own?

I've never seen a car that new with rust. My old Mystique still isn't rusting, hell, my 22 year old Audi still has no rust. If you think it's normal for a 42K car to rust after only 6 years...wow.

ETA: if you look at the picture, take notice at how THIN the paint is. That right there is how I measure quality. Thanks, Japan.

Last edited:
I've never seen a car that new with rust. My old Mystique still isn't rusting, hell, my 22 year old Audi still has no rust. If you think it's normal for a 42K car to rust after only 6 years...wow.

ETA: if you look at the picture, take notice at how THIN the paint is. That right there is how I measure quality. Thanks, Japan.

So one defect on your car makes all Japanese cars junk? :rolleyes:

I wasn't going to, but I guess I'll pull my IS300 into this. 2002 IS300, I was the third owner, purchased with 42k miles, sold at 55k. It's been through PA winters for most of it's life, then a CT winter while I owned it. I couldn't find a spot of rust on my entire car. All original paint with no accidents or body repairs.

Hell, I was able to unbolt the factory muffler with original bolts on it to swap for an HKS exhaust. I didn't need a drop of WD-40 or PB to get them loose.

Your rust spot means nothing, just as my IS300 lacking rust means nothing in this quality comparison you're trying to pull.

some people are just haters. all of you contour owners out there know that if you had this nice of a car (CF or not) that you would love to post pictures of it because you already do that with contours and its a contour.

some people are just haters. all of you contour owners out there know that if you had this nice of a car (CF or not) that you would love to post pictures of it because you already do that with contours and its a contour.

Not necessarily. I think I've posted pictures of my cars on here once. Twice at most. Why? People don't care. Same reason I don't post pictures of my old Mystique or Impreza on AudiWorld, or pictures of my Audi or Mystique on NASIOC. They're not lovers of the car. Some may think it's cool, but most just won't understand it. Just because WE love them that much, doesn't mean anyone else will. As Contour owners, I think most of us understand this.

The point CarpePoon was trying to make was, the guy ONLY posts pics of his car. There are tons of members here that don't own Contours and post pics of their cars, but they also come around and compliment other people's cars, go to Contour meets, get involved on the site, etc. At this point, it doesn't appear many people really know the guy personally, and he could just pick a random forum and post pictures of his car and get the same reaction. This is a pretty member oriented forum and the people here appreciate seeing their friends and the progress they make with their new cars. I just don't think anyone relates to the guy since he basically disappeared after selling his Contour, and comes by once a quarter to get a pat on the back for his car.
Granted, it's a nice car, but it comes off as the guy being too good for this site until he's in need of some compliments.

Mark

just discovered this thread, about 2 go make some popcorn and finish reading it. haha this is hilarious, its even better then grade school drama

edit: let him do w/e the f*** he wants, its not against the rules. If you dont wanna see it dont click it

Back