• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

help me swap to 3L

Titonik

Be Gentle I'm New Here
hi everybody I need your help I was thinking to swap to 3L because I have contour svt and I need more power but I want to know what do i need
my questions are
does fit the same harness?
does fit the trasmission?
does i need new computer?
please help me y will appreciate
sorry for my bad english Im from mexico
my email is hernandez--titon@hotmail.com

Titonik; you have posted a question in the section that has every answer you need.

The guys can tell from your questions that you haven't even tried to look for yourself.... expect apathy..... G.

There are allot of build threads. Just browse this section and you will find them. I don't even see any consideration of what setup your looking into.

hi everybody I need your help I was thinking to swap to 3L because I have contour svt and I need more power but I want to know what do i need
my questions are
does fit the same harness?
does fit the trasmission?
does i need new computer?
please help me y will appreciate
sorry for my bad english Im from mexico
my email is hernandez--titon@hotmail.com

Looks like you have a lot of reading to do .... basically the only thing that will be swapped out it the engine. However there are a lot of details within that.

You use the same harness.
You use the same transmission ... think about the oil pan here and the pilot bearing
No new computer needed, however a tune is highly recommended/required depending on the type of 3L install that is completed.

Back