• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

The "Beast" is back!

crewchiefpro

Hard-core CEG'er
After blowing up too many engines I decided to build a very stout motor to stop the slaughter of innocent pistons and rods.

I built the motor with the help of my son, Brett ( Bhiggs89 on here ) using forged rods, forged pistons, head work, and more. We finished it a few days ago. There are few things that bring a smile to my face like this turbocharged 3.0 CSVT. I feel so much better knowing I can't blow it up. Even at low boost this thing is a blast.

I am shooting for 13 lbs. of boost when it is tuned. I will go to Skillman Ford in Indy to get it tuned since they are customers of my drag racing systems. Until then I will limit boost to 8 lbs as it was before.

After 6 engines in 6 years it was time. No more softball sized holes in the block hopefully.

Interesting; Ray Skillman Ford does dyno tuning on our Duratec V6?

Nope, I just know the race team. They are located at the Ray Skillman Ford dealership in a separate building in the back. Has all kinds of cool stuff in that building. The museum is super cool as well. They have rollers built into the ground and test their drag cars on it all the time. Ray is 73 years old and loves to race. He built it all and no money was spared. Millions of dollars of classic cars, race cars, and they love to show people around.

we had an awards banquet at the museum it is VERY cool

youll love the motor, i love mine. i just need to be as fast as it is now

btw you need the sct prp software if you want somone to tune it. but thats awesome news! i kinda want to go 13:1 compression instead. lol

turbomotor.jpg

Need to change out a few hoses and wrap the pipes. Took it to 8 lbs. of boost today and it really pulled hard. Can't wait until I get 13 out of it.

So does this mean you'll bring the car out now for local activities? I need to take another test drive... The last one a couple years ago was just practice. :-D

So does this mean you'll bring the car out now for local activities? I need to take another test drive... The last one a couple years ago was just practice. :-D

Yes, I remember the last time because it didn't even have full throttle, new engine is far more fun.

Text me when you come to P-Town, I will let you drive it again.... 208-1486

I have the SCT pro racer package, so worst case scenario that they (Skillman) don't have it (which they will) they can use mine.

The car is a lot of fun, even part throttle middle rpms it will start to spin in 3rd gear.

Back