• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Ecu programming help dealership anyone?

Rippin6Gears

CEG'er
Anyone know how difficult it is to get a svt programmed to my car without the svt keys/pills? How abouts do I get it programmed if I can't drive or start the car.

Your post is confusing. Do you have an SVT Contour or do you only have a SVT computer in another car. If in another car you need to have PATS in it already with the steering column sensors.

Except early 1998 SVT had PATS seperate in a module that connected to the computer. Production code of the computer you are using?

Anyway you basically need your keys programmed to the computer? Good lock shops and some independent garages with the right scan tool and software should be able to help you. I reprogrammed a 96 computer with the latest updates at an independent garage with his own scan tool and software subscriptions.

Some dealerships might have an adaptor made up to program computers out of the car. Else you are going to have to tow it there or swap from your original computer when you get there.

Sorry yeah I re read and a little confusing... Have a 2000 that's not a svt with a 2.5 in it, and have a 2000 svt xgt1 computer but without the pats keys for the new svt computer since I'm gonna upgrade injectors and such.

Pop a lock can program it onsite but its gonna cost you your firstborn... Also if you know anybody that works at key shop sometimes they have the programmer for them. I even seen walmart do it.

Unless you have the scan tools that Ford has only the dealer is going to be able to program your keys to the new PCM. I don't know about other places as I don't recall reading about anyone else that actually had it done, it was always some should be able to.

You other option could be a custom tune. This will leave your keys working and might provide better performance that the SVT PCM, more so since you didn't say you where installing the cams also. This will also leave you open to tuning for more modifications in the future.

Guess I will have to read more, but I would assume we have some tuners that does email tunes like to a SCT that is knowledgeable with our cars?

Unless you have the scan tools that Ford has only the dealer is going to be able to program your keys to the new PCM. I don't know about other places as I don't recall reading about anyone else that actually had it done, it was always some should be able to.

You other option could be a custom tune. This will leave your keys working and might provide better performance that the SVT PCM, more so since you didn't say you where installing the cams also. This will also leave you open to tuning for more modifications in the future.

I can update the ECU to the latest that ford offers(in most cases), reprogram PATS, Change VIN# to match, etc. all on the bench (out of the car). To change VIN# and enter vehicle millage, I'd need your old ECU, just for verification that you aren't doing something dubious. (including aftermarket OEM replacement ECUs i.e. Napa ECUs).

also, I'll make the note that since XGT1 ecus are so hard to come by, I can reprogram other similar (2000MY) ECUs with the XGT1 parameters, essentially making it an equivalent.

PM me if interested.

Back