• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

BAT European handling kit fully broken in pics?

jsmit379

New CEG'er
Trying to find a pics of the kit after a few months on a csvt. Only pics seem to be right after the install. Trying to decide between the BAT kit or BAT struts and eibach springs.

The Bat springs are not going to look to different then stock. Its only an inch drop.

Also I would go with H&R over Eibach, unless you like the rear of the car looking lower than the front.

Yeah I don't want the saggy butt. I was just looking for a conservative drop for Daily driving duties.

You're talking fractions of an inch, man. The ride height changes that much or more depending on how full your fuel tank is.

Don't buy springs based simply on ride height.

Full BAT kit, fully settled:

DSC_0550_zps777a2e70.jpg

In da grassssss:

DSC_0543_zps0e3af5dd.jpg

The Bat springs are not going to look to different then stock. Its only an inch drop.

Also I would go with H&R over Eibach, unless you like the rear of the car looking lower than the front.

Well when it comes to drop, you are correct...when it comes to spring diameter that is another story. Besides being red in color, the steel spring is a wider diameter.

I had BAT springs and Bilstein struts installed in my CSVT back in 2004 and didn't notice a drop at all but it handled great though;)

Sent from my SPH-M930 using Tapatalk 2

MadDog - that is what I saw - .5" drop w/the BAT Euro kit on my '95 with the ZETEC. The improvement in handling and ride, over OEM, is "day and night". Of course I did the "full poly thing" at the same time, and SVT rear bar so I can't tell how much of the improvement is attributable to the BAT Euro kit alone.

The rear suspension with the BAT upgrade if definitely better feeling. I havnt done the fronts yet, but expect the same result.

thanks,

Mad Dog

Late to the party here but I think mine looks exactly like blu_fuz's with my E0's. Handles like a dream and a full BAT kit will cost less than an OEM or OEM replacement set, even at shop cost (in-laws own a shop), especially if you're doing it yourself.

Back