• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Pre-98 SE - Automatic Option?

offthewallds

CEG'er
Hey guys, quick question,

Were the pre98 SE's available with an auto? A local eggplant went up for sale but I suppose 3 contours would be too many.

My biggest beef is their asking price. People down here just want too much money for what their ride's actually worth.

I hadn't ever seen a pre-98 SE with an A/T in person, so I was unsure. TBH, I don't see a point in owning a Mys/tou/ger without a V6 and 5-speed. This was the first decent pre-98 that came up in my area, but the wiring harness was fu:blackeye:'d and would need replacing. Dude wanted too much.

My 96 GL V6 is an Autotragic. I wish it had a MT. It will scoot though. These cars were made to be small sedans, not sports cars. The only one relatively sporty, outside of the SVT, is the Cougar, IMO. I think it was intended to be a commuter car, so they definitely made a lot with automatics.

A V6 A/T wouldn't be a bad commuter car at all, or even to pass down to the kiddos.

I guess I just need to quit looking for more projects and finish the ones outstanding. :idea:

Back