• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

For Sale 1998 Black 3L CSVT - E1 Harness, GC's, LSD, Baers - Chicago Western Suburbs

anonymousrockr73

New CEG'er
For Sale is my beloved 1998 Black SVT Contour 3L (Hybrid?). Lots of mods, this car is fast and drives strong. 145k on the body, ~50k since the engine swap. Fellow CEG'er svttour provided a E1 harness after the original went and the car has ran strong ever since.

The good: The car is fast! Suspension is tight. Trans is flawless. Clutch feels great and chirps into 2nd and sometimes 3rd! No CEL's as of my last driving it. Tons of mods, lots of extras, but very tasteful. No rust that I've seen (car lived in Virginia for most of its life) Interior in good shape for the year.

The not so good: Rear bumper is cracked. Some of the paint on the roof is beginning to go, nicks and dings and such. Rear mesh is missing. No AC. Glovebox handle broke off (can still use metal sliders to open). No fogs.

Engine:

2003 3L Duratec engine
3.0 L Oval port heads Ported and Polished to match SVT UIM/LIM
Ford Mondeo ST220 3L Valves and Springs
Clevite 77 Rod Bearings
Ford Escape Oil Pan
MSDS Stainless Steel Headers and Y-pipe with Jet Hot coating
Custom Exhaust with Magnaflow Mufflers and Resonator
BAT Polished Intake Pipe
BAT Intake Tube
KKM Motorsports True-rev Sport Induction Kit with K&N Air Filter
HoseTechniques High Temperature Red Hose Kit
Water Pump with Metal Impeller
205.5 HP and 182.3 ft-lbs at the wheels

Suspension:
Ground Control Coil Over Kit
BAC Camber Kit
Koni's

Transmission:
Rebuilt Transmission with Updated Slick-shift Forks
New Synchronizers, Bearings, Blocker Rings, and Shift Cables
Torsen T2 Limited Slip Differential
Spec Stage 1 Clutch
Spec Lightened Flywheel (11lbs)
B&M Short Throw Shifter

Misc:
Baer brake kit
18 in Wheels
Optima Red Top Battery
Capacitor, Class D Amp, 2x12 Subs (not currently installed, negotiable)

Extras:

XCalibrator 2 OBDC reader - Can swap tune for 87 or 93 octane
4 winter tires (no rims)
Fitted Cover
Various Parts (extra intake, etc)

I can't get images to upload from work but I will update this evening.

I hate to see her go but I live in the city proper now so she's been sitting out at my parents house in the burbs not seeing any use. Would love to see her go to a fellow CEG'er as I still think this is one of the greatest enthusiast groups in all of car-dom. I was thinking $5k for everything.

42dyPuo.jpg

L7rvLjD.jpg

mCP7joC.jpg

cs8agTg.jpg

CLASSIFIEDS RULES

Transactions done here are at your own risk. CEG is not responsible.

Violations will receive a warning the first time and an infraction subsequent times.
  1. You must be registered for 60 days to post in the classifieds.
  2. Include a price and location.
  3. FS (for sale) or WTB (want to buy). No "feelers."
  4. When an item is sold, post "Sold!" in the topic. This will signal a moderator to lock the thread.
  5. You may post eBay auctions or Craigslist ads only if they are YOURS. Include the list price, location, etc.
  6. If you have multiple items for sale, please divide them up in the correct forums.
  7. Do not cross post your item in multiple areas.
  8. After an agreement has been made, all shipping talk should be via PM. You may put shipping options in the original post.
  9. Do not post negative comments about an item. If somebody wants $20k from a Contour, let them try.
  10. Bumping: After two weeks (14 days), you may post "Bump" to bump your item back to the top. You can post information updates, price changes, etc. at any time.

Last Updated: 7/20/22

Back