• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

does bat do the free flowing cat and y pipe anymore

art

CEG'er
been on the bat web site and see this update is no longer listed
is there anywhere else to get a upgraded y pipe and free flowing cat

No, they are no longer available. I tried to order one about a month or so ago, when they were still listed on their site. They said that they didn't have any left and had no plans to make more due to reduced demand. The man said if they did make a small batch they would cost $500-600.

Did they say a minimum number? Cause there are two of you, which sounds like the start of a goup buy!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I927 using Tapatalk 2

Doesn't look like Trubendz is offering their's either anymore...but you could write and ask.

You could build your own or get an exhaust fab shop to spin one. IIRC, CSVT Y-pipe is dual 2" in and a single 2.5" out?

Without O2 bungs: https://www.magnaflow.com/products?partNumber=99607HM

With O2 bungs: https://www.magnaflow.com/products?partNumber=99667HM

These cats are universal, IN and OUT are interchangeable. This is probably a very similar cat to what BAT and the old SHOShop Y-pipe used.

I used a Magnaflow dual 2" in, 3" out for the Y-pipe on my Vortech blower Taurus SHO, worked fine.

Last edited:
The OP wanted a Y-pipe and high flow cat, didn't see a Y-pipe on the Trubendz site. The Trubendz cat pipes will probably not get you in hot water in states that have visual inspection elements to their emissions programs. The BAT and old SHOShop Y-pipes with 2-in, one-out cats might cause some visual inspection grief, and probably neither would fly in the Republic of Kalifornia's emission program.

The OP is also in the UK, so he's probably got a whole bunch of different parts purchasing options and government interventions to deal with than we do here stateside.

Racebits in the UK used to have Y-pipes for the V6 Mondeo/Contour.
http://www.racebits.org/index.php?route=common/home

and government interventions to deal with than we do here stateside.

WORD ... makes me smile when i hear guys •••••in' 'bout Kali.

It's just an excuse to extract tax from motorists under the premise of global warming.

Polar caps still meltin' last time i looked.

Art; might want to take the same route as the ST220 exhaust system... as a general direction .... i think the main cat is 2 pipe in and out .... should help with gas flow ....G.

st220 has the cats built into the headers, and as I already have racebits headers do not want to change those, and still need a cat to pass the mot so that is the 220 stuff ruled out
I did have the smell of rotten eggs around 5 years ago and that bat cat has been having fuel dumped at it for a number of years the opinion is to change
that link to magnaflow looks interesting and should be able to fit in with the rest of the bat y pipe conversion
thanks

st220 has the cats built into the headers, and as I already have racebits headers do not want to change those, and still need a cat to pass the mot so that is the 220 stuff ruled out

you need to look again at the 220 exhaust .... it has 3 cats just like the mk2. that's why i said MAIN cat....G.

Back