• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

what power does svt manifolds max out?

art

CEG'er
going to start my 3l rebuild soon, crank balance, f1 rods, cp pistons 10,8-1 , svt flywheel and cams
but today got the unichip fitted and remapped , 19 lb injectors fitted , and now good af ratio and not dumping fuel on full throttle with lamba readings down to 0.75 before from 5.500 revs to the redline
so with playing with the timing and good fueling was able to see really good torque improvements in the mid range but max hp dropped of to much the same .
so now I am wondering after 10 years and 40,000 miles is my bat cat blocking up with all the fuel that has been dumped at it every time I was on full throttle
bearing in mind I have the svt airbox, optomised throttle body, svt manifolds to port matched st220 engine, stainless headers , and free flowing ex system
so without max honing the svt manifolds what hp figures are achievable with the 3l port matched conversion
at 214 hp and 195 ft lb torque, that's crank figures ,
need to find out what is the cause of the brick wall I am hitting at the moment

Where are these HP/TQ numbers coming from? Have you datalogged to see if those injectors are pushing their limits? Lots of questions to sort through before you start looking at the manifold being the restriction in my opinion.

Where are these HP/TQ numbers coming from? Have you datalogged to see if those injectors are pushing their limits? Lots of questions to sort through before you start looking at the manifold being the restriction in my opinion.
well the hp and torque figures came from the dyno yesterday when it was remapped with a unichip piggyback module
I do not think I am maxed out on the manifolds, I just wanted to know what kind of hp figures did the 3l port matched engines max the svt manifolds at
do think it could be the bat cat that has been having fuel dumped at it this past number of years
ihad 17lb injectors which were giving air fuel ratio of below 10-1 around 5thou revs and around 10,5-1 at redline
remapped with 19lb injectors and much improved a/f ratio, have seen the mid range gains , but from 6,000 revs no increase in peak hp
was able to gain a couple of hp finally by adding a little more advance to the ignition at the very top

Easiest place to start is with data logging and checking where the duty cycle is. aboythatskates is right, you lose efficiency as you push an injector closer to 100%. Do some searching of the forums and read up on BSFC. I think that info will be enlightening.

Back