• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

EGR pressure feedback sensor hoses

Quicksight

CEG'er
Are the two places on the EGR pressure feedback sensor where two little hoses go supposed to directly connect to the EGR exhaust tube where the two long nipples go? The air coming out of their was VERY hot. Should I use a particular type of hose material? It seems the regular rubber would just melt. Thanks guys

Btw my purge solenoid went out so those EGR vaccum lines blew out. That's why I'm fixing it now : /

original is a silicone rubber based hose. You might get some from another car in a self serve junkyard. Other Fords use the DPFE sensor also. The hoses are specific on which one connects to which side of the sensor.

Yea thanks guys advance had them. Now how can I double check to make sure I have them plugged into the right nipple?

Also now that the vaccum leak is fixed I've ran into another problem: ive been reading up on IMRC failure. The EGR nipples were blowing out extremely hot exhaust gases that basically got trapped under my hood. Now when I rev up the car it won't allow me to rev up past like 4500 RPMs. Also it can barely make it down the road because it has ZERO power. The car is unusually loud also, kinda sounds like it has all this power but clearly doesn't lol. Do you guys think it's my IMRC and if so: I've read some people clean them and they magically fix themselves, or also I've read you can "adjust it somehow". Are either of these true?

Just a quick update: I opened up my intake with my hand to see if the IMRC is opening the secondaries and it clearly is (I can see the little bar moving at about 3kish RPMs. It'll go up to MAYBE 4k RPMs and not any further. This time after I reved it up to 4k and held it there it died. I'm thinking possibly fuel pressure, so I checked my fuel pressure and it squirted out like a rocket for a split second. Don't think it's the fuel pump. Could this be the symptoms of a bad fuel pressure regulator sensor thingy? I forgot the name of it. Cause it's acting as if it's not getting enough fuel in the higher RPMs (or in the lower too for that matter)

For the dpfe setup this diagram is close. It's not the contour setup. But it'll give you the concept of the hook up.

aby6u6a9.jpg

Ignore the lines drawn in they are for my bypass.

Pull any engine codes? At least gives you a place to start... And the IMRC cable on mine was broken when I got the car and it drove fine without it. Lacked top end power, but drove fine. Oddly, the EGR passages were completely plugged, the intakes were filthy, and the DPFE sensor was failing...and it was still pretty drivable lol. It's all fixed now, and running great.

Btw I noticed each of those two nipples off the EGR have different inside diameters. I assume I just match them up?

Yes. Larger one goes to the rear nipple. Smaller one in front.
Just a quick update: I opened up my intake with my hand to see if the IMRC is opening the secondaries and it clearly is (I can see the little bar moving at about 3kish RPMs. It'll go up to MAYBE 4k RPMs and not any further. This time after I reved it up to 4k and held it there it died. I'm thinking possibly fuel pressure, so I checked my fuel pressure and it squirted out like a rocket for a split second. Don't think it's the fuel pump. Could this be the symptoms of a bad fuel pressure regulator sensor thingy? I forgot the name of it. Cause it's acting as if it's not getting enough fuel in the higher RPMs (or in the lower too for that matter)

The bar itself could be moving. But if it isn't actually connected to the LIM, you could still have issues. As asked already; Do you have any CEL?

Back