• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

SuperPro Bushes (Bushings)

ZeroHour

Mod/Salad Tosser
In process of fixing up an SVT, and the rear sway bar really needs end links and bushings. I did the Energy Suspension (ES) bushings on my SE, and they worked okay. This time around thought I see what other options are available.

Does anyone have any opinions on SuperPro Bushes? They make Sets for the Mondeo/Contour, of which I'm in the process of sorting out which parts fit an SVT.

The Super Pro Bushes look interesting and they're built with Groove patterns to hold in grease.

http://www.superpro.com.au/products/suspension-bushes/item/download/26_947635d9251cf3d8d41c84d394189b0c

Using the search option I found one member who said they had SuperPro Purple bushes, but he hasn't been online since May. Member was Dyoel182, just in case anyone knows him.

Please share your thoughts! Thanks!

I also have used ES bushings in both Contours, as well as many other vehicles - never any issues. I installed the SuperPro bushings in my son's Toyota Celica. Yes, better build quality, but this comes at a cost. Performance for non-track use vehicle - overkill as I see no difference between the ES and SuperPro during daily street use.

I would suggest that if you can afford them (SuperPro) then "go for it". The following "down under" is very strong and I do not read of any complaints.

Using the search option I found one member who said they had SuperPro Purple bushes, but he hasn't been online since May. Member was Dyoel182, just in case anyone knows him.

I had used sets on my GD Mazdas but just wish they made sets for our cars. They made a world of a difference and it's a shame the only easy to find bushings are for the sway bars and trailing arms.

I was looking at the rear, still haven't don't cross references for Ford PN's.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I927 using Tapatalk 2

SuperPro list the parts for the Mondeo, but identifies them by Ford PN's. Just want to make sure they're the same parts.

SuperPro list the parts for the Mondeo, but identifies them by Ford PN's. Just want to make sure they're the same parts.

Not the site I visited - clearly stated Contour, though It did reference submodel as a Mk1 & Mk2 with the model years listed as 1/1995 thru 12/1999. It did NOT identify them by Ford pn's. Just listed SuperPro pn's. http://www.superpro.com.au/?v=ford-contour-mk1---mk2-01-1995---12-1999/999501196

Actually your link lists the OEM numbers...95BB..

However I may have read those wrong on a different site. Says lower rear arm, but indicates front position. Now I'm thinking these are the rear lower bushing on the front control arm. Anyone know if the Mondeo front control arms are different? Thought that new LCA's where the only way to go on the front.

Back