• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Local classifieds (only place you can post them in forum)

I will sell the skirts I have here for $40 and throw in a set of 15" SE alloy wheels for FREE(will need tires). These should help hide your painted rear drums....:laugh:

you kids are goofy...lol

Drums are no longer painted. :laugh:
I did that when I got the car. I was 16. Haha. Front calipers are still red but thats no big deal. I am actually very interested. PM your phone number?

Edit: What other stuff you got? I might be interested in other stuff too. I need a passenger side headlight. The one I have has condensation.

if he does not get the wheels/ side skirts i will definatly take them as soon as i have a drivable car, and like he said what else you got lol?

Heres a few pics. Headlight has broken tab. I do have all four wheels but I just need to find the center caps.

Also I have a set of 15" Mystique alloy wheels with 3 very nice goodyears. Parts car is a 99 Mystique LS which is almost completely disassembled. To many parts to list.

seskirtsheadlight.jpg

headlighttabbroke.jpg

sewheels.jpg

i love those wheels lol you got any pics of the mystique ones?
also what color was the interior and what do you have left of it?

i love those wheels lol you got any pics of the mystique ones?
also what color was the interior and what do you have left of it?

The interior is tan with leather seats. Everything is there. Leather steering wheel, carpet is in good shape and headliner w/sunroof..ect.

Heres a pic of a Mystique wheel. Im using it at a spare at the moment. Again, 3 of them are good with nice tires, BUT one wheel is scuffed and needs a tire.

mystiquewheel.jpg

dang wrong color interior... ok i was kinda thinking they were going to be that style. i would really like to find a set of sport/se rims so i can put the tires i have now on them and then get some winter tires for my set of gl rims

thank you though for the info and pic!

dang wrong color interior... ok i was kinda thinking they were going to be that style. i would really like to find a set of sport/se rims so i can put the tires i have now on them and then get some winter tires for my set of gl rims

thank you though for the info and pic!

If DarkBlueZ dont want these skirts/wheels ect. they are all yours.

Last edited:
got it back together

got it back together

Well, I got it back together.
The insurance company found a yard in the very west end of Nebraska with a black 2000 SVT with a blown engine. I got all the parts shipped to the shop, but I got screwed on a few things...should of just got new aftermarket, but I wanted OEM Ford.
Anyways, I got the bodyshop to fix a few issues on both front doors and man my SE just looks new. I have a few other things...will post in a seperate thread.

I ended up swapping to the rear SVT bumper {sory, SVT guys, don't kill me, I just wanted the matching rear bumper!!}
I scored a really nice set of SVT wheels, two new tires, two so so but I am debating it I am going to keep them. Car looks good, but the tires...seem too short for me.
It's got 205/50r16 tires, and car feels good with them on, but not much of any diff compared to the stock SE setup.

I'm just glad it's back together, but for what I spent oh well.
Body shop $1450
Parts $1400
Me: happy as a MoFo because my road rocket is nice again. {It's my baby, I like my SE}
and my SE didn't get totalled.

Looking for a condenser for my 2000 SVT - tried getting my A/C charged and a bracket on the passenger side wore a hole through the condenser.

Need something that doesn't leak (obviously)

Thanks

Kyle

MTX-75 trans: $100/obo

This is a 1998 SVT Contour MTX75 trans and it has the occasional 2nd gear grind and a consistent 3rd gear grind (needs 2nd and 3rd syncros replaced). Input seals are good and can include an updated focus tower if that helps it sell! If you know how to fix these you could fix it and sell it to make a few bucks. I don't have the tools to replace the syncros or I would have fixed it.

Looking for a condenser for my 2000 SVT - tried getting my A/C charged and a bracket on the passenger side wore a hole through the condenser.

Need something that doesn't leak (obviously)

Thanks

Kyle

damn. i wish i hadn't thrown mine away. woulda gave it to ya. it was in fine working order when i took it out, i just had a cracked line so it never had a charge.

damn. i wish i hadn't thrown mine away. woulda gave it to ya. it was in fine working order when i took it out, i just had a cracked line so it never had a charge.

Yeah - I was going to call you, but then I though "WTF would he hold onto that crap, it probably hit the garbage can no less then 30 min after it hit the floor..."

Still on the lookout - I'd like to have A/C at one point..

Yeah - I was going to call you, but then I though "WTF would he hold onto that crap, it probably hit the garbage can no less then 30 min after it hit the floor..."

Still on the lookout - I'd like to have A/C at one point..

Has your AC ever worked? The AC in these cars is a pain in the ass. My brothers stopped working the other day. I hate working on AC's.

Has your AC ever worked? The AC in these cars is a pain in the ass. My brothers stopped working the other day. I hate working on AC's.

Didn't work when I got it from you, so no. Looks like whoever did the sh|t as5 repair job after the multiple front end collisions didn't bother replacing the condenser after it got damaged.

Sucked the system down and it wouldn't hold vacuum, so we put some oil and dye in it and starting charging it. lol - looked like one badass nitrous perge when I fired up the car, couldn't see 5 feet in front of my from where it was spewing out of..

Back