+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Milling Heads

Default Milling Heads

How much is too much material removed when milling heads? The machine shop had to remove 8 thousandths on one head and removed none from the other because the surface was good. Will this cause me problems he didn't seem to want to machine the other one and said it wouldn't cause any problems on a street engine.
    2000 Cougar V6 MTX. Miko RSTB, FSTB, Tubular front and rear LCA's, Eibach Springs, KYB Struts, Baer Big Brake Kit, SVT UIM LIM & TB, PRT Trans Mounts, Fidanza Flywheel, Centerforce DF Clutch, Quaife LSD, OZ Superleggera 18x7" wheels, Soon WR Headers

It will be fine. Flat is much more important.
    Don Higgins
    Crew Chief Pro Drag Racing Software
    http://www.crewchiefpro.com
    1999 3.0 Turbo CSVT ** 2013 American Dragster with 1100 Horsepower 7.28 @ 185 mph

so the difference in compression from 1 head to the other should cause me no problems ? Thanks for answering.
    2000 Cougar V6 MTX. Miko RSTB, FSTB, Tubular front and rear LCA's, Eibach Springs, KYB Struts, Baer Big Brake Kit, SVT UIM LIM & TB, PRT Trans Mounts, Fidanza Flywheel, Centerforce DF Clutch, Quaife LSD, OZ Superleggera 18x7" wheels, Soon WR Headers

Not at all, the difference is very small.
    Don Higgins
    Crew Chief Pro Drag Racing Software
    http://www.crewchiefpro.com
    1999 3.0 Turbo CSVT ** 2013 American Dragster with 1100 Horsepower 7.28 @ 185 mph

I agree with the amounts in question; I would be more concerned about the LIM and if the need to use spacer/rings is required in order to prevent LIM leakage. This will NOT be a problem with this minimal amount removed.

+ Reply to Thread