• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Looking at this SVT for 3700.00

Chrisf695

New CEG'er
99' near mint condition
Completely stock
1 owner
has all maintenance records.

The bad... its out of state. I can get it shipped for 700 bucks and thats included in the price.

I have many many detailed pics and honestly it the cleanest one ive seen in months... thats how long ive been looking.

Any feedback is welcome.

Attachments

• 00J0J_zkd9e8Rj1y_6.jpg
    00J0J_zkd9e8Rj1y_6.jpg
    26 KB · Views: 0
  • $_4..JPG
    $_4..JPG
    67 KB · Views: 0
  • 343..JPG
    343..JPG
    59.9 KB · Views: 0
Man that is clean. I'd go for it. I had mine shipped from out of state when I got it. If you want one bad enough to search for months on end, it's worth paying extra to get a good one.

Yeah I agree... but Im just worried about not being able to inspect it or drive it before forking over the money. I ran the car fax and it had been maintained very well at the ford dealership. But no work has been done... nothing replaced and I fear that I will be getting something that needs alot of work in the near future. I want to get it down to 3500.00. I think that would be a fair price... The shipping is the the killer.

This unit is not moving as quickly as this dealer would like (based on days on the floor). There is room for a "deal" to be struck in regards to asking price, maybe $300 wiggle room. Why don't you book a one-way ticket, and have dealer pick you up, AFTER agreeing to a purchase price (have in writing) that reflects this "new and lower" price? Leave a clause in this for acceptance on your approval based on vehicle condition. All they can say is NO. Dealers aren't into saying NO as it kills a sale.

Been there, done that.....and I work in the auto dealership field.

Had a inspector at the dealership to check out the car... there was a lot wrong with it... lots of imperfections. For that price it better be mint and it was far from that. The search is back on for a svt... Im considering this one noted below... If I can get it for like 800-900 and then put in a 3L that would work for me.

http://detroit.craigslist.org/wyn/cto/4656678136.html

What were some of the problems? These cars are at least 15 years old so there can be a lot of normal wear and tear.

Back