• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

O2S12 code by Ford Dealer

renaus

Be Gentle I'm New Here
I have a 2000 Ford Contour SL 2.5L 6 cylinder, 135K miles. Got a "Check Engine" light after I had dealer replace oil pan (Sears mechanics stripped oil pan plug and it leaked for 2 years).

Took it back to Ford dealer the next day because of 'Check Engine' light. They replaced the oxygen sensors (O2S12 code, on printout of dealer receipt)

This is about two weeks ago. (8/15/14)

This weekend I get another "Check Engine" light. (8/30/14). I will be purchasing an OBD II code checker. Do I need to jumper the connector before plugging in? I would like to check it myself FIRST before taking it back to the dealer. I think they're a little 'hinky' with the customers. Bottom line is I guess I can't trust them. :blackeye:

Welcome to the forum bud. This section is only for introductions only. Once your two posts are done then you can post in the forum.

You can take your car to pretty much any parts store. And they can check your light. I usually use it myself to check it.

With a OBDII scanner all you do is plug it in. The wire jumper is only for 95 Contours and it is a way to read codes on a vehicle with OBDI.

Back