• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Sell it or part it?

KyleQ

Hard-core CEG'er
I have not driven my SVT for some time and it needs to go - don't want it to sit idle anymore. Looks like the rust got into the body behind the side skirts - still runs and drives. There are quite a few on CL in the area, I could try under cutting them, but I'm curious on what parting would get me (besides a lot of work)

Any thoughts?

Thanks-

Kyle

I think I would just sell it whole. I don't know the part out market down your way, but I would think it could take a while....unless you figured you would start shipping as well. What are you looking at getting for it?

There are about 10 svts being parted out right now. You would sell about 5 things then it would sit partially taken apart and would take forever to sell the rest. Market is flooded and will be for a long time.

Keep it whole, ,someone will buy it.

I would think, at that price point, it would sell in a few weeks for sure. People are always looking for cheaper transportation.

My vote would be to keep it whole as well!! good luck wit the sell!, hope it goes to someone who will treat her right!

Totally - I've got a few vehicles to scrap after I yank all the good bits off of them. I never got around to posting it for sale, so looks like it will sit another winter...

Back