• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Full 3l hesitation

squeek

Hard-core CEG'er
I've noticed with my full 3l if you give it hard gas she'll bog down. Now if you back off the pedal and come back on her she'll hold her own. I am running with a cop setup, cai into the fender, svt tb bracket, egr deleted. On occasions when you start her you hear a brief pop sound.

Haven't found a place to do it near me. And I've contacted a place I will not name for even a mail order tune. And I have no cel.

I've heard that from one other member. On my torque program it shows no misfire. I wonder if the second coil isn't getting fully charged before it needs to fire.

Mine would do the same after a quick shift at high RPM, get into the next gear hard on the gas and it will completely fall on its face, only does that occasionally. I am guessing it just needs a better tune.

Playing with the idea of running off a coil pack again.
ysynana7.jpg

apepe3ep.jpg

Pulled my cop conversion off couple of days ago. Significant difference.

1) no tune causing performance issue with them

2) bad cop maybe?

What plugs/gap are you running? I'm running OEM Motorcraft gapped at .054"

How many miles on the coils? They did have issues with the Taurus coils and they usually failed in pairs. It should run decent (not perfect and I wouldn't want to run too long) with no tune.

they dont fail in pairs. they are wired in series (aka waste spark system) so if one goes out the second doesnt have power going through it

why are people still wasting time with coil on plug? your adding more parts to the mix that can fail. cut the hole in the firewall and hide the coil pack, run wires. there is nothing to gain with COP.

Back