• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

moving on

dennyb

Veteran CEG'er
I sold my SVT to a coworker 2 weeks ago.

I bought a diesel Jeep Liberty. Now I have a turbo vehicle with 165 horsepower and 265 pound feet of torque. It is so my 15 year old daughter can practice driving. She had no interest in any of our stick shift cars. Even with showing good talent when she did drive them with me. We still have a '08 Mazda 3 and a '99 ford explorer with manual transmissions.

Now I have joined a couple of new boards for a completely different orphaned platform. And a SUV that can get 30+ mpg highway is nice.

Another one bites the dust.....

I'm kind of curious how many members still have SVT's or even contours.(I still got my 2) or how many SVT's are even still on the road. ive seen 5 in person my whole life. regular contours I see on on a daily basis.

out of the 5 ive seen my whole life,,, 2 were at my dads junk yard & one I bought. 1st one I saw was in 2005 at Tech schoool in a town of 150,000 people.

Mine is the only one I've ever seen around here... Regular Contours are pretty common though. OTOH, the entire state of Montana barely has more people than the city of Detroit...

Oh I will still stop by and visit the site. I am going to encourage Tim to Join the site now that he has mine. He better since I gave him 2 SVT's (the one I drove and the parts car).

He has already confessed to teasing some guys with Hondas. He also was surprised how much the engine likes to rev and the power when it does.

i see them quite often around here. many are beat to hell but every now and then i see a clean stocker. there are a handful of them for sale on CL at any given time. i recently even saw a 3L on local CL recently

The only one I ever saw around here in the last 5 years was my son's. I don't see one anymore because he sold his a year or so ago.

Back